It takes a little time, but the best way to get budget Chevy Bolt EV insurance in Irvine is to compare prices at least once a year from providers who sell insurance in California.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about what is in your policy and the things you can change to keep rates down. Many rating factors that drive up the price such as traffic citations, accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Notify your company or agent of your intention to cancel the current policy. Submit payment and a signed application for the new coverage. Once coverage is bound, place the new proof of insurance certificate along with your vehicle registration.
The critical component of shopping around is to make sure you enter the same coverage limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to look at as many companies as you can. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
It’s safe to conclude that car insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Insureds who shop around annually are likely to switch companies because they have good chances of finding a lower-priced company. A recent study showed that drivers who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved $70 a month compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the lowest price for insurance in Irvine is your ultimate target, then knowing the best ways to find and compare coverages can help make the process easier.
What Determines Chevy Bolt EV Insurance Rates?
Many different elements are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, but others are more obscure like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is.
The items below are some of the most rate-impacting factors used by companies to determine your rates.
Getting married can lower premiums – Getting married can get you a discount compared to being single. It demonstrates that you tend to be less irresponsible and insurance companies reward insureds because married couples file fewer claims.
Your occupation can affect prices – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Occupations such as lawyers, business owners, and financial analysts generally pay higher average rates due to high stress and lengthy work days. On the flip side, professions such as actors, engineers and performers receive lower rates.
Experienced drivers are lower risk – Inexperience drivers are statistically proven to get distracted easily behind the wheel therefore auto insurance rates are much higher. Having to add a teenage driver to your policy can increase premiums substantially. Older drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, are lower risk to insure, and usually have better credit.
Car insurance liability insurance limits – The liability coverage on your policy will afford coverage when a court rules you are at fault for damages from an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
How credit rating affects auto insurance prices – Having a good credit score is a large factor in determining premium rates. So if your credit history could use some work, you could potentially save money when insuring your Chevrolet Bolt EV by improving your credit score. Insureds that have high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with poor credit scores.
Physical damage deductibles are a factor – Physical damage protection, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, insures against damage to your Chevy. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be a dented fender, hail damage, and windstorm damage. Comp and collision deductibles represent how much money you are required to spend if a covered claim is submitted. The more expense you have to pay, the less money you will pay for auto insurance.
Impacts performance impacts auto insurance rates – The performance level of the vehicle you need insurance for makes a significant difference in determining your rates. Low performance passenger cars usually have the lowest premiums, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
Affordable Irvine insurance rates with discounts
Some providers don’t always list the entire discount list in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains both well-publicized and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using when you buy Irvine car insurance online.
- Sign Online – Certain insurance companies provide a small discount for buying your policy online.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Teen drivers should enroll in driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just owning your own home may trigger a policy discount on insurance because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Driver Safety – Taking time to complete a course in defensive driving could earn you a small percentage discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance with one company they may give you a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Early Switch Discount – Some insurance companies reward drivers for renewing your policy before your current expiration date. This can save 10% or more.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying a new car model may earn a small discount since new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Accident-free drivers could pay up to 40% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- College Student Discount – Youth drivers living away from Irvine attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
A little note about advertised discounts, some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
Companies who might offer these benefits include:
If you need lower rates, check with every company the best way to save money. Some discounts might not apply in your state.
Irvine car insurance company ratings
Selecting the highest-rated car insurance provider can be difficult considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in California. The company ratings listed below can help you analyze which coverage providers you want to consider buying from.
Top 10 Irvine Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
Don’t give up on affordable rates
Some insurance companies may not have rates over the internet and most of the time these smaller companies only sell through independent agents. Lower-priced auto insurance in Irvine is possible on the web and from local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
When you buy Irvine car insurance online, don’t be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped liability coverage limits only to find out that they should have had better coverage. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
To learn more, take a look at these articles:
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50 in Irvine? (FAQ)
- How Much is Irvine Car Insurance for Teachers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Dodge Ram in Irvine? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Postal Workers in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)