It’s safe to conclude that insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Consumers who perform rate comparisons will most likely switch to a new company because they have good chances of finding a lower-cost company. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that drivers who routinely shopped around saved about $72 a month compared to people who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the best price on insurance in Irvine is why you’re here, then having a grasp of how to get free comparison quotes and analyze coverage rates can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
If you want to save money, the best way to get discount Chevy TrailBlazer insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from providers that insure vehicles in Irvine.
- First, try to learn a little about car insurance and the measures you can control to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that result in higher prices such as your driving record and poor credit history can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Keep reading for the details to get affordable coverage and get additional discounts.
- Second, compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can give you price quotes for many different companies. Get quotes now
- Third, compare the new rates to your existing coverage to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application for the new policy. Once received, place the new certificate verifying coverage above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
The key thing to remember is to make sure you enter the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote and and to analyze as many different insurance providers as possible. This provides an accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Locating the best rates in Irvine is really not that difficult. If you are already insured or are looking for a new policy, you will benefit by learning to reduce the price you pay and still have adequate protection. Comparison shoppers just have to use the fastest way to get comparison rates online from multiple companies.
Cheapest companies for Chevy TrailBlazer insurance in California
The companies in the list below are ready to provide quotes in California. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you compare several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
How to Lower Your Insurance Premiums
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that are used to determine your policy premiums. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that may result in lower auto insurance prices. Many things are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, but other criteria are less apparent such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are.
Listed below are some of the most rate-impacting factors used by companies to determine your rate level.
Male prices may be higher – Statistics demonstrate that females tend to be a little less risky than males. It does not mean women are better drivers. Males and females are responsible for at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but males have costlier accidents. They also receive more costly citations such as reckless driving. Teenage male drivers are the most expensive to insure and are penalized with high auto insurance rates.
Job reflects on rates – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Occupations such as judges, executives, and accountants are shown to have higher average rates because of intense work requirements and long work days. Other occupations such as farmers, athletes and homemakers have lower than average premiums.
Single drivers may get higher rates – Having a spouse may earn you lower rates on auto insurance. Having a significant other demonstrates that you tend to be more financially stable and it’s proven that being married results in fewer claims.
Vehicle risk impacts prices – The performance of the vehicle you drive makes a big difference in how high your rates are. Lower cost passenger vehicles generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
Take policy discounts and save on Chevy TrailBlazer insurance in Irvine
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you might already qualify for some discounts to reduce the price significantly. Many discounts should be triggered when you purchase, but some discounts are required to be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit.
- Senior Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 may be able to get lower premium rates.
- Resident Student – College-age children who live away from home to go to college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than spreading payments over time you may reduce your total bill.
- E-sign Discounts – Many larger companies may give you up to $50 for signing up on your computer.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for multiple cars with one company could earn a price break for each car.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used TrailBlazer is cheaper because newer models are generally safer.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not really a discount, but some insurance companies may permit one accident without getting socked with a rate hike as long as you don’t have any claims before the accident.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
Large car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are included below.
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for multi-car, professional/association, low natural disaster claims, good student, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for bundle discounts, distant student, multi-car, homeowner, and business and professional.
- Farm Bureau has savings for driver training, multi-policy, safe driver, renewal discount, and 55 and retired.
- State Farm includes discounts for multiple policy, passive restraint, driver’s education, anti-theft, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Allstate may have discounts that include anti-theft, early signing, safe driver, premier plus, teenSMART discount, and EZ pay plan discount.
- GEICO offers discounts including multi-vehicle, federal employee, air bags, anti-lock brakes, and membership and employees.
Double check with each company which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts may not apply to policies in Irvine. To choose insurance companies that offer discounts in Irvine, follow this link.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local Irvine insurance agent
Certain consumers still like to have an agent’s advice and that can be a great decision Most agents can point out coverage gaps and help file insurance claims. The best thing about getting online price quotes is that you can obtain cheap insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent.
After completing this short form, your coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents that can give you free Irvine car insurance quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. If you want to compare prices from a particular provider, feel free to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right insurer requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Irvine?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
If you’re trying to find local Irvine agents, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Insurance agents are considered either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either one can provide insurance policies, but it’s important to know the subtle differences since it could factor into which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only place business with one company such as AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. These agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies are trained well in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage. Drivers often buy from exclusive agents mainly due to loyalty to the company and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following are Irvine exclusive agencies that can give you price quote information.
- State Farm: Jim Canty
3200 El Camino Real #110 – Irvine, CA 92602 – (949) 769-2600 – View Map
- State Farm Insurance Agent: Kevin Chhiv
2101 Business Center Dr Suite 110 – Irvine, CA 92612 – (949) 202-0338 – View Map
- Ray Vermeulen – State Farm Insurance Agent
2151 Michelson Dr #242 – Irvine, CA 92612 – (949) 752-6335 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents are appointed with more than one company so as a result can place your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your premiums go up, the agent simply finds a different carrier and that require little work on your part.
If you are comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you get several quotes from a few independent agents for maximum quote selection. Many can place coverage with different regional companies that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agents in Irvine that can give you price quote information.
- Isu Insurance Services Irvine
18022 Cowan Ste 225 – Irvine, CA 92614 – (949) 419-2100 – View Map
- Hodge and Hodge Insurance Inc
10 Hughes # 205 – Irvine, CA 92618 – (949) 458-0442 – View Map
- AIS | Auto Insurance Specialists | Irvine
16969 Von Karman Ave #100 – Irvine, CA 92606 – (949) 660-7061 – View Map
Once you have received positive responses for all questions you ask and a low price estimate, chances are good that you have found an auto insurance agent that can be trusted to provide insurance coverage. It’s important to know that once you purchase a policy you can terminate your policy whenever you want so don’t think that you are permanently stuck with any specific company for the entire policy term.
Which car insurance company is best in California?
Buying coverage from the highest-rated insurance provider is difficult considering how many choices you have in Irvine. The company ratings shown below can help you select which car insurance providers you want to consider purchasing coverage from.
Top 10 Irvine Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Tailor your insurance coverage to you
When it comes to coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Your financial needs are unique so this has to be addressed.
For example, these questions may help highlight whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- What is glass protection for?
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
One last thing about your coverage
We just presented some good ideas how to lower your Chevy TrailBlazer insurance prices in Irvine. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Irvine car insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the lowest prices come from a lesser-known regional company. Smaller companies often have lower rates on specific markets compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
Cheaper Chevy TrailBlazer insurance in Irvine can be found on the web in addition to many Irvine insurance agents, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who do not offer online rate quotes and many times these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent agents.
To read more, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Irvine Auto Insurance for Ride Shares? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Electric Cars in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Irvine Auto Insurance Rates for State Employees? (FAQ)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)