Sadly, about 70% of customers kept their policy with the same company for over three years, and almost half have never even compared rates from other companies. U.S. insurance shoppers can save almost $850 each year by just shopping around, but they don’t want to spend time to compare rate quotes.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find the cheapest price for Hyundai Sonata Hybrid insurance in Irvine is to regularly compare prices from companies that sell auto insurance in California. You can compare prices by following these steps.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about individual coverages and the measures you can take to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates like accidents, careless driving, and an imperfect credit history can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Provide written notification to your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new carrier. Once the paperwork is finalized, store the certificate of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of shopping around is that you’ll want to compare the same deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get price estimates from as many different companies as possible. This enables the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Companies offering Hyundai Sonata Hybrid insurance in California
The providers in the list below provide free rate quotes in Irvine, CA. To find the best cheap car insurance in California, we recommend you visit several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Insurance Premium Factors
Many factors are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, but others are not as apparent like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility. An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that play a part in calculating car insurance rates. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in lower rates.
- Premiums are high for teenagers – Mature drivers tend to be more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are generally more financially stable. Teenage drivers are statistically shown to be inattentive when driving with friends therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
- High credit scores equal low premiums – Credit score can be an important factor in determining your rates. Consumers who have high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims as compared to drivers with worse credit. If your credit rating is not that good, you could be paying less to insure your Hyundai Sonata Hybrid if you improve your credit rating.
- Bundle policies and save money – Most major insurers give discounts to clients that purchase more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you qualify for this discount already, you still need to shop around to make sure you are getting the best deal.There is a chance you can find lower rates even if you have your coverage with different companies
- Extra policy coverages you don’t use – There are a lot of extra coverages that you can buy when buying car insurance. Things like rental car reimbursement, towing, and membership fees are examples of these. They may seem like a good idea initially, but now you might not need them so get rid of them and save.
Insurance loss data for a Hyundai Sonata Hybrid – Insurance companies include the past claim history for a vehicle to help calculate premium costs. Models that are shown to have higher frequency or amount of claims will have increased rates.
The table below outlines the historical insurance loss data for Hyundai Sonata Hybrid vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles as a whole is represented as 100. Values under 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while percentages above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or statistically larger claims.
Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Hyundai Sonata Hybrid 142 116 119 124 138 121BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance discounts are available for cheaper rates
Some providers don’t necessarily list every discount they offer very clearly, so below is a list a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known insurance savings.
- Telematics Discount – Drivers who elect to allow their company to track vehicle usage by using a telematic data system such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could save a few bucks if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles have fewer accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Life Insurance – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Good Grades Discount – Maintaining excellent grades can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Irvine Homeowners Pay Less – Just owning your own home can get you a discount because owning a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or former government employment can save as much as 8% depending on your insurance provider.
Discounts save money, but please remember that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Despite the fact that it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, that’s just not realistic.
Popular insurance companies and the discounts they provide are:
- State Farm may offer discounts for accident-free, safe vehicle, good driver, passive restraint, multiple autos, and good student.
- American Family has savings for TimeAway discount, good student, early bird, air bags, multi-vehicle, and defensive driver.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including AAA membership discount, good student, multi-policy, multi-car, anti-theft, and good driver.
- GEICO offers discounts including daytime running lights, seat belt use, anti-theft, driver training, anti-lock brakes, and air bags.
- Mercury Insurance may have discounts that include annual mileage, good driver, ease of repair, accident-free, good student, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for bundle discounts, teen driver, distant student, pay in full, and electronic funds transfer.
- Progressive offers discounts for online quote discount, good student, homeowner, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts might not be offered in your state.
You may require the services of an insurance agent
A small number of people just want to buy from a local agent. Experienced insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheaper prices and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from and supporting local insurance agents is important particularly in Irvine.
Upon completion of this short form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to participating agents in Irvine who can give free rate quotes to get your business. You won’t need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. If you wish to get a price quote for a specific company, you would need to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Listed below are agents in Irvine that are able to give comparison quotes for Hyundai Sonata Hybrid insurance in Irvine.
- Ray Vermeulen – State Farm Insurance Agent
2151 Michelson Dr #242 – Irvine, CA 92612 – (949) 752-6335 – View Map
- KCAL Insurance Agency (Irvine)
14795 Jeffrey Rd – Irvine, CA 92618 – (949) 786-6888 – View Map
- Roger Stone Insurance Agency
5015 Birch St – Newport Beach, CA 92660 – (949) 757-0270 – View Map
- Rich Stevens – State Farm Insurance Agent
4482 Barranca Pkwy #224 – Irvine, CA 92604 – (949) 552-6601 – View Map
Choosing a insurance company shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. Any good agent in Irvine should know the answers to these questions.
- How are they compensated?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- If they are an independent agency in Irvine, which companies do they recommend?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in California?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
Upon receiving good feedback to these questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you have narrowed it down to an provider that can be trusted to service your policy.
Will just any policy work for me?
When buying insurance from an agent or online, there really isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan. Your situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that.
For instance, these questions might point out whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Is my Hyundai Sonata Hybrid covered for smoke damage?
- Who is covered when they drive my Hyundai Sonata Hybrid?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Cheaper insurance is a realistic goal
As you prepare to switch companies, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
There are still a few companies who may not have rate quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent agents. The cheapest Hyundai Sonata Hybrid insurance in Irvine can be purchased online and also from your neighborhood Irvine agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
Additional information is available at these links:
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50 in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Dodge Ram in Irvine? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Fusion in Irvine? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for 18 Year Olds in Irvine? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Homeowners in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Teenage Females in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Irvine Car Insurance Rates for Police Officers? (FAQ)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)