If you’re searching for lower-cost insurance on the web, are you frustrated by the wide range of auto insurance choices available to you? Many other people are as well. California drivers have so many choices to choose from that it can turn into a ton of work to find a cheaper company. Lots of people think Irvine is an excellent city in which to live, but inflated auto insurance prices makes it very hard to afford enough coverage.
How to find lower priced Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Irvine
It takes a little time, but the best way to get low-cost Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance is to start comparing prices regularly from providers who sell insurance in Irvine.
Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about auto insurance and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many risk factors that drive up the price like inattentive driving and an imperfect credit rating can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. This article gives information to get low prices and find hidden discounts.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple sources.
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your current policy premium to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Give notification to your agent or company of your intent to cancel your current coverage. Submit payment and a signed application to your new agent or company. As soon as coverage is bound, put the new certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
An important bit of advice to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same amount of coverage on each quote request and and to get rate quotes from every insurance company. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
It’s hard to fathom, but the vast majority of auto insurance customers have stayed with the same insurance company for over three years, and nearly the majority have never shopped around. Many drivers in Irvine can cut their rates by approximately 35% a year, but most tend to underestimate the amount of savings they would get if they changed companies.
It’s a great practice to compare rates yearly because prices are usually higher with each renewal. If you had the best price on Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Irvine at your last renewal you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because it’s time to teach you the right way to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
Keep in mind that more quotes increases your odds of finding a better price.
The companies in the list below provide free quotes in Irvine, CA. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most affordable rates.
Insurance just makes sense
Despite the potentially high cost of Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance, insurance is required for several reasons.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your SLS AMG has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Mercedes-Benz at a significantly higher premium and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards both your Mercedes-Benz and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. An average driver in America is overpaying over $820 a year so it’s important to compare rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Irvine insurance discounts for a Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG
Car insurance is expensive, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Some discounts apply automatically when you quote, but less common discounts must be asked for in order for you to get them. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Early Signing – Select larger companies give a discount for signing up prior to the expiration date on your current SLS AMG insurance policy. You may see this discount when you get Irvine car insurance quotes online.
- Multiple Vehicles – Drivers who insure multiple vehicles with one company qualifies for this discount.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts may be able to save a few bucks off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Government Employees – Active or retired federal employment could provide a small rate reduction depending on your car insurance provider.
- Senior Citizen Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for lower premium rates.
- Irvine Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner can save you money because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Driving Data Discount – Insureds that choose to allow their company to scrutinize driving manner by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate may see discounts as long as they are good drivers.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Low annual miles may allow you to get cheaper prices.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Larger car insurance companies and their possible discounts include:
- GEICO offers premium reductions for five-year accident-free, anti-theft, daytime running lights, military active duty, driver training, multi-policy, and membership and employees.
- USAA offers discounts for safe driver, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, driver training, annual mileage, and loyalty savings.
- Progressive includes discounts for online signing, good student, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including Steer into Savings, TimeAway discount, mySafetyValet, multi-vehicle, and accident-free.
- Esurance may have discounts that include multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, safety device, good driver, paid-in-full, and DriveSense.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for alternative fuel, bundle discounts, multi-car, electronic funds transfer, pay in full, and distant student.
- State Farm has discounts for defensive driving training, accident-free, good driver, Drive Safe & Save, good student, and multiple autos.
If you want inexpensive Irvine car insurance quotes, ask each insurance company how many discounts you can get. Savings may not apply to policyholders everywhere.