No normal person fancies paying their premiums for auto insurance, particularly when they are paying too much.
Sadly, the vast majority of drivers have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and nearly 40% of drivers have never quoted rates to find affordable coverage. Irvine drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by comparing rates, but they don’t understand how simple it is to find affordable rates by getting comparison quotes. Big-name insurance companies like Progressive, State Farm and GEICO increase brand awareness with fancy advertisements and it is difficult to sift through the bull and do the work needed to find the best deal.
If you are already insured or just want cheaper coverage, take advantage of these tips to reduce premiums and still have adequate protection. Locating the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Irvine is not rocket science. Drivers only need an understanding of the most effective way to shop their coverage around from many different companies.
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in California. If you want to find the best cheap car insurance in Irvine, CA, we recommend you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Car insurance discounts help lower rates for Mitsubishi i-MiEV insurance in Irvine
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you might find some hidden discounts to help bring down the price. Certain reductions will be credited when you quote, but a few need to be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit.
- Payment Method – If you pay your bill all at once rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts can save a little on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Professional Memberships – Participating in qualifying employment or professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your next car insurance statement.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may receive a small discount on rates.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for multiple cars on a single policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Sign Early and Save – A few car insurance companies give discounts for buying a new policy before your current expiration date. The savings is around 10%.
- Active Service Discounts – Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower car insurance rates.
You can save money using discounts, but some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way.
Some companies that may include these discounts include:
When quoting, ask every company how many discounts you can get. Savings might not be offered on policies in your area. To see a list of insurers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Irvine, click here to view.
Auto insurance is available from agents near you
Some people prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision Experienced insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help file insurance claims. One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get lower prices and still choose a local agent.
After filling out this quick form, your insurance data is transmitted to local insurance agents in Irvine who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent since price quotes are sent immediately to you. If you want to compare prices from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right insurer requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Who are their largest clients?
Insurance can be complex
Always keep in mind that when comparing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Every insured’s situation is different.
These are some specific questions may help highlight whether you may require specific advice.
- What is the minimum liability in California?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in California?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- What are the best liability limits?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Car insurance 101
Having a good grasp of your policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like damage from getting keyed, rock chips in glass, theft, vandalism and hail damage. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Medical expense coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for expenses such as ambulance fees, EMT expenses, doctor visits and X-ray expenses. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision coverage protection
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with an object or car. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things like sustaining damage from a pot hole, colliding with another moving vehicle, crashing into a ditch and colliding with a tree. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible on your i-MiEV in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
This provides protection from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Mitsubishi i-MiEV.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits (which is 15/30/5), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea.
Auto liability insurance
This coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see policy limits of 15/30/5 that means you have a $15,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $5,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for claims like medical expenses, emergency aid, bail bonds, attorney fees and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but buy as high a limit as you can afford. California state minimum liability requirements are 15/30/5 but drivers should carry higher limits.
The chart below demonstrates why the minimum limit may not provide adequate coverage.
More quotes mean more insurance savings
Lower-priced insurance in Irvine can be purchased on the web and from local agencies, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who may not have online price quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
You just read a lot of ways to save on Mitsubishi i-MiEV insurance in Irvine. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even discover the most savings is with a small mutual company.
Insureds leave their current company for a variety of reasons including high prices, delays in responding to claim requests, extreme rates for teen drivers and an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching companies is not as difficult as it may seem.
How to buy discount Mitsubishi i-MiEV insurance in Irvine
If you want to save money, the best way to find better pricing on auto insurance rates in Irvine is to compare prices at least once a year from providers that insure vehicles in California. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- First, spend a few minutes and learn about individual coverages and the factors you can control to keep rates low. Many factors that drive up the price like traffic tickets, fender benders, and an unfavorable credit rating can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Second, compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies. Begin your rate comparison
- Third, compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to your new company or agent. Once the application is submitted, keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to use identical deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to compare as many carriers as you can. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Much more information about insurance in California is available on the following sites:
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Uber Drivers in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Electric Cars in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Uninsured Drivers in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)