Sadly, a large majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and almost half have never compared insurance rates at all. Drivers in America could cut their rates by as much as 47% a year by just shopping around, but they don’t know the rate savings if they switched to a cheaper policy.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find the cheapest price for car insurance rates is to regularly compare price quotes from companies in Irvine.
- First, get an understanding of the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many risk factors that cause high rates such as speeding and a substandard credit history can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article gives tips to help keep prices low and find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Second, obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if cheaper Frontier coverage is available. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
A good tip to remember is to compare the same deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. This enables the most accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Buying the cheapest car insurance in Irvine is really quite easy. If you are already insured, you will be able to lower your rates using this information. You only need to know the most time-saving way to shop from multiple carriers.
The best way we recommend to compare policy rates for Nissan Frontier insurance in Irvine is to take advantage of the fact almost all companies provide online access to give free rates quotes. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide information such as how much coverage you want, whether the vehicles are used for commuting, whether your vehicle is owned or leased, and whether you are single or married. That rating information is instantly provided to all major companies and you should receive rate quotes with very little delay.
To check car insurance prices now, click here and complete the quick form.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer price quotes in Irvine, CA. In order to find cheap car insurance in Irvine, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Nissan Frontier insurance discounts in Irvine
Insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you might be missing out on some discounts to help offset the cost. Some discounts apply automatically when you get a quote, but some must be specifically requested before you will receive the discount.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being on active deployment in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than less cautious drivers.
- Onboard Data Collection – Insureds that choose to allow their company to look at when and where they use their vehicle through the use of a telematics system such as Progressive’s Snapshot may see discounts if they have good driving habits.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your entire bill at once instead of making monthly payments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Auto/Life Discount – Some companies give a lower rate if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Distant Student Discount – Kids who live away from home to go to college and leave their car at home can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen so companies will give you a small discount.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
One last thing about discounts, most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The illustration below compares Nissan Frontier auto insurance rates with and without policy discounts. The price estimates are based on a male driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, marriage, multi-policy, and multi-car discounts applied.
To locate insurance companies who offer discounts in California, click this link.
Nissan Frontier coverage statistics
The premium information displayed below showcases a range of policy rates for Nissan Frontier models. Having a better idea how insurance rates are formulated can be of help when making smart choices when comparing insurance quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Frontier XE King Cab 2WD||$282||$582||$746||$44||$224||$1,878||$157|
|Frontier SE King Cab 2WD||$330||$582||$746||$44||$224||$1,926||$161|
|Frontier SE Crew Cab 2WD||$330||$708||$746||$44||$224||$2,052||$171|
|Frontier Pro-4X King Cab 2WD||$378||$708||$746||$44||$224||$2,100||$175|
|Frontier LE King Cab 2WD||$378||$708||$746||$44||$224||$2,100||$175|
|Frontier SE King Cab 4WD||$378||$582||$596||$36||$178||$1,770||$148|
|Frontier Pro-4X Crew Cab 2WD||$378||$834||$746||$44||$224||$2,226||$186|
|Frontier LE Crew Cab 2WD||$378||$834||$746||$44||$224||$2,226||$186|
|Frontier SE Crew Cab 4WD||$378||$708||$596||$36||$178||$1,896||$158|
|Frontier LE King Cab 4WD||$428||$708||$596||$36||$178||$1,946||$162|
|Frontier Pro-4X King Cab 4WD||$428||$708||$596||$36||$178||$1,946||$162|
|Frontier Pro-4X Crew Cab 4WD||$428||$708||$596||$36||$178||$1,946||$162|
|Frontier LE Crew Cab 4WD||$428||$708||$596||$36||$178||$1,946||$162|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, and homeowner. Rates do not factor in garaging location in Irvine which can revise premiums significantly.
The chart below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can affect Nissan Frontier premium costs for each age group. The data is based on a married male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
How to Lower Your Insurance Premiums
Lots of things are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious such as your driving record, but others are less obvious like your continuous coverage or your commute time.
- Don’t skimp on liability – Liability coverage provides coverage if ever you are ruled to be at fault for an accident. Your liability coverage provides legal defense to defend your case. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- A good credit rating can save money – Having a bad credit score will be a significant factor in determining what you pay. Therefore, if your credit score can use some improvement, you may save money insuring your Nissan Frontier by improving your rating. People with excellent credit tend to file fewer claims than those with bad credit.
- Extra policy coverages that aren’t used – There are a lot of extra bells and whistles that can waste your money if you don’t pay attention. Add-on coverages like vanishing deductibles, high-cost glass coverage, and membership fees may be costing you every month. You may think they are a good idea at first, but if you don’t need them think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Bundle policies and save – Some insurers afford discounts to insureds who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount drivers will still want to compare other company rates to make sure you are getting the best deal. You may still be able to save even more than the discount by insuring with multiple companies.
- Lower stress equals lower rates – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Careers like doctors, airline pilots, and medical professionals tend to pay higher rates than average because of high stress and lots of time spent away from family. Other careers such as farmers, students and retirees have lower than average premiums.
- Cars with good safety ratings save money – Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to have lower insurance rates. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce occupant injuries and any reduction in injury severity means less money paid by your insurance company passed on to you as lower rates. If your Nissan Frontier earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you are probably receiving a discount.
Claims statistics for a Nissan Frontier – Car insurance companies analyze past claim statistics to help determine rates. Vehicles that are shown to have high amounts or severity of claims will cost more for specific coverages.
The table below demonstrates the insurance loss data for Nissan Frontier vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as a total average, is represented as 100. Percentages below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values that are above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or statistically larger losses.
Nissan Frontier Insurance Loss Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Frontier Crew Cab LWB 2WD 57 64 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab LWB 4WD 64 95 78 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SWB 2WD 77 97 67 106 87 98 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SWB 4WD 71 95 76 70 79 85 Nissan Frontier Ext Cab 2WD 73 110 71 89 87 117 Nissan Frontier Ext Cab 4WD 68 80 63 56BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years