A recent car insurance study discovered that nearly 70% of drivers have bought car insurance from the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly half have never shopped around. The average driver in California could pocket roughly $469 a year, but they feel it’s too difficult to do a rate comparison.
The best way to find the cheapest price for Suzuki Aerio insurance in Irvine is to start doing an annual price comparison from different companies who provide auto insurance in California.
- Step 1: Get an understanding of how insurance works and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates such as your driving record and poor credit history can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Keep reading for additional ideas to help keep rates affordable and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save money and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Step 4: Tell your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to the new company. Immediately safely store the proof of insurance certificate in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to use similar limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get price estimates from every company you can. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a better comparison of the market.
If you already have coverage or are looking for a new policy, use these techniques to cut your premiums without reducing coverage. Our goal in writing this article help educate you on the best ways to compare prices. Smart buyers just have to know the most efficient way to shop their coverage around using one simple form.
Finding a better price on auto insurance is a fairly straight forward process. Drivers just need to spend a little time comparing rate quotes online with multiple companies.
The companies shown below can provide free quotes in Irvine, CA. To find cheap auto insurance in Irvine, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to find the most competitive rates.
Do you qualify for discounts?
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but discounts can save money and there are some available to help bring down the price. Some discounts apply automatically at quote time, but a few need to be specially asked for before you get the savings.
- Use Seat Belts – Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Driver’s Ed – Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your auto insurance provider.
- Cautious Driver Discounts – Safe drivers could pay up to 40% less than less cautious drivers.
- Good Student – Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
It’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won’t be that lucky.
Larger auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are:
- GEICO discounts include air bags, federal employee, five-year accident-free, defensive driver, good student, military active duty, and membership and employees.
- USAA may include discounts for multi-vehicle, multi-policy, defensive driver, loyalty savings, military installation, family discount, and annual mileage.
- Progressive includes discounts for online quote discount, online signing, homeowner, good student, and continuous coverage.
- American Family has discounts for air bags, mySafetyValet, good driver, Steer into Savings, and defensive driver.
- Esurance may have discounts that include paid-in-full, emergency road assistance, safety device, DriveSense, anti-lock brakes, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for distant student, early shopping, good student, teen driver, mature driver, and switch companies.
- State Farm has savings for driver’s education, accident-free, good driver, passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and anti-theft.
When comparing rates, check with each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not apply in Irvine. To see a list of companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Irvine, follow this link.
Why Your Insurance Costs might be higher
Multiple criteria are used when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, but some are not as apparent like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating. Part of the car insurance buying process is learning some of the elements that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. When you understand what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with cheaper rates.
- Gender and insurance – Statistics have proven that females take fewer risks when driving. This data doesn’t prove that women are BETTER drivers than men. Women and men cause at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but guys tend to have higher claims. Not only that, but men also receive more costly citations like DUI and reckless driving.
- Use one insurance company and save – Most insurance companies will award a discount to buyers who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can be ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even if you already get this discount, it’s always a smart idea to compare other Irvine Aerio insurance rates to ensure the best deal.
- Marriage is a factor – Having a spouse may cut your premiums on your policy. Having a spouse usually means you are more financially stable and statistics show married couples file fewer claims.
- Deter vehicle theft – Choosing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft devices like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all help stop your vehicle from being stolen.
- Use credit responsibly and save – Your credit history is a large factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. Drivers who have very good credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers with poor credit. If your credit rating can use some improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your Suzuki Aerio if you clean up your credit.
- Accidents are costly – Good drivers pay less for auto insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Just one driving citation can increase rates by as much as thirty percent. People who have dangerous citations such as reckless driving or DUI are required to maintain a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- Don’t skimp on liability insurance – Liability coverage will afford coverage in the event that you are responsible for personal injury or accident damage. Your liability coverage provides you with a defense in court to attempt to prove you were not liable. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Compare rate quotes but still have a neighborhood Irvine auto insurance agent
Some consumers just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. Professional agents are highly skilled in risk management and will help you if you have claims. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can find lower rates and also buy local. Buying from and supporting local insurance agencies is still important in Irvine.
After filling out this quick form, your coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Irvine who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t need to find an agent on your own since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
When looking for a local insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies that you can choose from. Auto insurance agents in Irvine can either be exclusive or independent. Both sell affordable auto insurance policies, but it’s worth mentioning the difference in the companies they write for because it can impact your selection of an agent.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents do not have single company limitations and that allows them to write policies with many different companies and get the cheapest rates. If they quote lower rates, the agent simply finds a different carrier and that require little work on your part.
When comparing rate quotes, you absolutely need to get some free quotes from a few independent agents for maximum quote selection. A lot of them also have access to smaller regional carriers that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Below is a list of independent agencies in Irvine that can possibly get you free auto insurance rate quotes.
- Roger Stone Insurance Agency
5015 Birch St – Newport Beach, CA 92660 – (949) 757-0270 – View Map
- USG Insurance Services-California
100 Pacifica Suite 340 – Irvine, CA 92618 – (800) 886-3897 – View Map
- Morning Star Agency Insurance Services Incorporated
1340 Reynolds Ave #103 – Irvine, CA 92614 – (949) 833-2030 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel generally can only insure with one company such as State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. They are unable to compare rates from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some consumers prefer to use the same exclusive agent mostly because of loyalty to the company and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following are exclusive agencies in Irvine that can give you price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Kay Yang
4255 Campus Dr A270 – Irvine, CA 92612 – (949) 509-2888 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance
4000 Barranca Pkwy # 250 – Irvine, CA 92604 – (949) 262-3238 – View Map
- Mike Stitt – State Farm Insurance Agent
17452 Irvine Blvd #208 – Tustin, CA 92780 – (714) 544-4717 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. Any agent in Irvine should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in California?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Irvine?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
You may need specialized car insurance coverage
When selecting your policy, there is no cookie cutter policy. Your needs are unique to you.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if you will benefit from professional help.
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Suzuki Aerio?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
How to find a good Irvine car insurance company
Finding the right insurance provider is difficult considering how many companies are available to choose from in California. The company ratings in the next section could help you choose which insurers to look at comparing prices from.
Top 10 Irvine Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
Quote more to save more
Cheaper Suzuki Aerio insurance in Irvine can be found online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to shop Irvine auto insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. Some car insurance companies may not provide online price quotes and these small, regional companies sell through independent insurance agents.
We’ve covered a lot of tips how to save on Suzuki Aerio insurance in Irvine. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest premium rates come from a smaller regional carrier.
Insureds who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as an unsatisfactory settlement offer, denial of a claim, unfair underwriting practices and even delays in paying claims. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding the right car insurance provider is easier than you think.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Low Credit Scores in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for High School Students in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Irvine Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)