How long has it been since you sat down and looked for lower-priced Jaguar S-Type insurance in Irvine? Scraping up a payment for overpriced Jaguar S-Type insurance in Irvine can stress out your family’s budget and force you to make sacrifices.
It’s hard to fathom, but 70% of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never quoted rates to find lower-cost coverage. Irvine insurance shoppers can save hundreds of dollars each year, but most undervalue the rate savings if they switched. Because you have many insurance companies to choose from, it can be impossible to locate the cheapest company.
You should make it a habit to quote other rates before your policy renews since insurance rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you think you had the lowest rate on Jaguar S-Type insurance in Irvine at your last renewal there is a good chance you can find better prices now. You’ll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about S-Type insurance on the web, but by reading this article, you’re going to learn some tested techniques to lower your insurance bill.
Finding quotes for the best-priced policy in Irvine is quite easy. If you have coverage now or just want cheaper coverage, follow these tips to save money and still get good coverage. Smart buyers just have to use the fastest way to get comparison quotes from many companies at once.
Jaguar S-Type insurance discounts in Irvine
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not even be aware of. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of quoting, but occasionally some discounts must be specifically requested before being credited.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control have fewer accidents and will save you 10% or more on S-Type insurance in Irvine.
- Early Switch Discount – Some insurance companies give discounts for signing up prior to your current S-Type insurance policy expiring. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Student Discounts – Excelling in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Larger insurance carriers have a break if you buy some life insurance too.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Successfully completing a course in safe driver could save 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- Low Miles Discount – Maintaining low annual mileage could earn lower prices on the low mileage vehicles.
- Distant College Student Discount – Any of your kids who live away from home to go to college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Telematics Discount – Policyholders that allow driving data submission to analyze vehicle usage by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system may see discounts if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% compared to accident prone drivers.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
Companies and some of their more popular discounts are included below.
- GEICO has savings for five-year accident-free, daytime running lights, military active duty, defensive driver, driver training, and multi-policy.
- Travelers includes discounts for multi-policy, multi-car, good student, student away at school, new car, and driver training.
- Nationwide offers discounts for easy pay, defensive driving, family plan, multi-policy, business or organization, accident-free, and Farm Bureau membership.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for good student, pay in full, homeowner, youthful driver, and early shopping.
- Esurance discounts include good driver, good student, paid-in-full, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, and Pac-12 alumni.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, multiple autos, and accident-free.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-vehicle, good student, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-policy, homeowner, and online quote discount.
- Mercury Insurance may have discounts that include multi-car, type of vehicle, anti-theft, low natural disaster claims, and annual mileage.
When getting free Irvine auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to all companies you are considering the best way to save money. A few discounts may not be offered in Irvine. To see a list of auto insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Irvine, follow this link.
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Irvine, CA. If you want to find cheaper auto insurance in Irvine, we suggest you get prices from several of them to get the cheapest price.
How Car Insurance Companies Determine Jaguar S-Type Insurance Rates
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at the different types of things that help determine the price you pay for car insurance. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that may result in much lower annual insurance costs.
Consider raising comp and collision deductibles – Protection for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, covers damage that occurs to your Jaguar. A few examples of covered claims would be a windshield shattered by a rock, damage caused by hail, and burglary. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles tell how much you are required to spend if a covered claim is submitted. The higher the amount you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
Getting married is a good thing – Your spouse may earn you lower rates on car insurance. Having a significant other may mean you are more mature than a single person and it’s statistically proven that married couples file fewer claims.
Lower premiums for cars with good safety ratings – Safer cars tend to have lower insurance rates. Vehicles built for safety reduce the chance of injuries and reduced instances of injuries means less claims paid passed on to you as lower rates. If the Jaguar S-Type is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it may cost less to insure.
If you don’t need it don’t buy it – There are a lot of add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren’t careful. Add-on coverages like rental car coverage, towing, and Farm Bureau memberships may not be needed and are just wasting money. These coverages may sound good when buying your policy, but if you’ve never needed them in the past think about removing them and cutting costs.
Cut car insurance rates and deter theft – Driving a car with advanced anti-theft systems can help lower your premiums. Anti-theft devices like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar help track and prevent auto theft.
Pleasure use saves money – Driving a lot of miles in a year the higher your rate. Many insurance companies calculate rates based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars left parked in the garage cost less to insure as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Incorrect rating for your S-Type can result in significantly higher rates. Double check that your policy reflects the right rating data.
Insurance agent or online?
Some people would rather visit with an insurance agent and that is OK! Insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and give you someone to call. The best thing about getting online price quotes is you can get lower premium rates and still buy from a local agent. Supporting small agencies is especially important in Irvine.
Once you complete this short form, your information is instantly submitted to agents in your area that provide free Irvine auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to contact any agents because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you can always search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Do you need an independent or exclusive auto insurance agent?
If you want to use a reliable insurance agent, there are two different types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Agents can be categorized as either independent or exclusive. Either one can do a good job, but it’s important to point out why they differ since it can affect your selection of an agent.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent often have many company appointments so they can quote policies amongst many companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If they find a cheaper price, they can switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparing auto insurance prices, you definitely need to compare prices from multiple independent agents to get the best comparison.
The following is a partial list of independent agents in Irvine that may be able to give you free price quotes.
Sentry Insurance – Irvine
16815 Von Karman Ave #200 – Irvine, CA 92606 – (949) 930-6100 – View Map
Willis Insurance Services of CA Inc
18101 Von Karman Ave # 600 – Irvine, CA 92612 – (949) 885-1200 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are Farmers Insurance and State Farm. They usually cannot compare other company’s rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Irvine willing to provide price quote information.
Finding a good insurance agency is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. Any agent in Irvine should be willing to answer these questions.
- How long has the business existed?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in California?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
Insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the high insurance cost for a Jaguar S-Type in Irvine, insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Jaguar, most banks will force you to have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Jaguar for a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is wasting up to $865 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
California car insurance companies ranked
Selecting a high-quality insurance provider can be difficult considering how many companies sell insurance in California. The information in the next section may help you decide which auto insurers you want to consider comparing rate quotes with.
Top 10 Irvine Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
Top 10 Irvine Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
Don’t give up on cheaper rates
When getting Irvine auto insurance quotes online, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Cheaper car insurance in Irvine can be sourced on the web as well as from independent agents in Irvine, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. Some car insurance companies don’t offer online rate quotes and usually these smaller companies only sell through independent agents.
Steps to saving money on Jaguar S-Type insurance in Irvine
The best way to quote cheaper Jaguar S-Type insurance in Irvine is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurers that sell auto insurance in California.
- Take a little time to learn about policy coverages and the factors you can control to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that increase rates such as speeding tickets, careless driving and bad credit can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing policy and see if you can save money. If you can save some money and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your company or agent of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application to the new company. Be sure to safely store the certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location.
One piece of advice is to try to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to compare as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this ensures an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Other learning opportunities
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much are Irvine Car Insurance Quotes for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Irvine Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)