We don’t have to tell you that car insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. Consumers who compare price quotes are very likely to move their business because they have a good chance of finding discount prices. A study discovered that consumers who made a habit of comparing rates saved over $72 a month as compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the lowest price on insurance in Irvine is your objective, then having a good understanding the best way to compare insurance can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
If you want to save money, the best way to quote cheaper car insurance rates in Irvine is to start comparing rates regularly from companies who sell insurance in California. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
First, get an understanding of how insurance works and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates like inattentive driving and a bad credit score can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Second, quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Fourth, notify your company or agent of your intent to cancel your current policy. Submit a signed application and payment for your new policy. Immediately upon receiving it, put the new certificate of insurance with the vehicle registration.
The key aspect of shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get rate quotes from every insurance company. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
Locating the best rates in Irvine is much easier if you have a good place to start. If you are insured now, you will surely be able to find better prices using these techniques. But California vehicle owners must learn how the larger insurance companies market insurance on the web because rates fluctuate considerably.
Kia Amanti insurance quotes comparison
When price shopping your coverage, more quotes increases your odds of finding a better price. Some companies don’t provide online Irvine Amanti insurance quotes, so it’s important to compare prices from them as well.
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in California. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in California, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Car insurance discounts help lower rates for Kia Amanti insurance in Irvine
Buying car insurance is not cheap, but you might find some hidden discounts to help bring down the price. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at quote time, but some may not be applied and must be requested specifically prior to getting the savings.
- College Student Discount – Children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle could get you a discount.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Active or former government employment can save as much as 8% with select insurance companies.
- Theft Deterrent – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen with less frequency and will qualify for a discount on a Irvine car insurance quote.
- Sign Online – Some larger companies will give you a small discount for completing your application on their website.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Insuring more than one vehicle on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Irvine car insurance quote than drivers with accidents.
- Multi-line Discount – Some insurance carriers give a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
Drivers should understand that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don’t profit that way. But all discounts will cut your car insurance premiums.
A list of companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are:
- State Farm includes discounts for driver’s education, defensive driving training, accident-free, safe vehicle, and good driver.
- Esurance may have discounts that include claim free, emergency road assistance, DriveSense, paid-in-full, renters, and safety device.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, good student, multi-policy, and homeowner.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for preferred payment discount, good student, new move discount, newly retired, hybrid vehicle, and exclusive group savings.
- Auto-Owners Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including mature driver, anti-theft, teen driver, safe vehicle, and multiple vehicles.
- GEICO offers discounts including daytime running lights, driver training, good student, anti-theft, five-year accident-free, and federal employee.
When getting free Irvine car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each insurance company how you can save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policies in Irvine.
Components of Your Kia Amanti Insurance Rates
Many different elements are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, although some other factors are less apparent such as your credit history or your financial responsibility.
- Your credit rating is important – An insured’s credit score is a large factor in determining what you pay. Drivers with very good credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with worse credit. If your credit rating leaves room for improvement, you may save money insuring your Kia Amanti if you clean up your credit.
- Your gender affects rates – Statistics demonstrate women tend to be less risk to insure than men. It does not mean males are worse at driving than females. Females and males cause at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but the men have accidents that have higher claims. Men also tend to get more serious tickets like DUI and reckless driving. Young males generally have the highest accident percentage and therefore pay the highest rates.
- Fewer miles means better rates – The more miles you rack up on your Kia annually the higher your rates will be. A lot of insurance companies rate vehicles determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars that do not get driven very much qualify for better rates than cars that get driven a lot. Incorrect rating for your Amanti may be wasting your money. It’s always a good idea to double check that your declarations sheet is showing the right rating data, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Cheaper rates by bundling – Many insurers provide lower prices to policyholders who buy several policies from them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even if you already get this discount, you still need to check prices from other companies to guarantee you are still saving the most.
- Don’t skimp on liability protection – Your policy’s liability coverage is the protection in the event that a jury decides you are liable for damages caused by your negligence. Your liability coverage provides legal defense coverage starting from day one. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to other policy coverages, so do not cut corners here.
- Marriage discount – Having a significant other actually saves money when buying insurance. Marriage demonstrates that you tend to be less irresponsible and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Insurance agent or online?
Certain consumers prefer to buy from a local agent and that is OK! The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is you can get the lowest rates and still have a local agent.
By using this short form, your coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact an agency as quotes are delivered instantly to you. You can find lower rates AND an agent nearby. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, just find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best provider needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Irvine?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
When finding a reliable agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agents in Irvine can be categorized as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type work for only one company such as State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. They are usually well trained on the products they sell which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Irvine that can give you price quote information.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent do not sell for just one brand so they can insure your vehicles with an assortment of companies and find you the best rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move the coverage in-house and that require little work on your part. When shopping rates, you definitely need to compare prices from at a minimum one independent agency to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Below are Irvine independent insurance agents that can give you rate quotes.
Sentry Insurance – Irvine
16815 Von Karman Ave #200 – Irvine, CA 92606 – (949) 930-6100 – View Map
After getting positive responses for all questions you ask as well as a affordable price, you’ve probably found an auto insurance agent that can service your policy.
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing insurance from an agent or online, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Your financial needs are unique.
For instance, these questions might point out if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totaled car?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
A conclusion for your car insurance search
Lower-priced Kia Amanti insurance in Irvine is attainable both online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who may not offer the ability to get quotes online and these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Insureds change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including delays in paying claims, denial of a claim, not issuing a premium refund or unfair underwriting practices. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding the right car insurance provider is less work than it seems.
We’ve covered many tips how you can lower your Kia Amanti insurance auto insurance rates in Irvine. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies.
More detailed car insurance information can be found by following these links:
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for College Graduates in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes After a Speeding Ticket in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Irvine Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Safe Drivers in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Irvine Car Insurance Rates for Police Officers? (FAQ)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)