If you’re new to shopping for Irvine auto insurance quotes online, it’s easy to be baffled thanks to the vast number local agents and online companies who claim to have the best car insurance rates.
How to find cheaper Kia Stinger insurance in Irvine
The easiest way to get more affordable car insurance rates in Irvine is to regularly compare quotes from different companies who provide car insurance in California. Drivers can shop around by completing these steps.
- Get a basic knowledge of how your policy works and the measures you can take to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that increase rates such as multiple speeding tickets and a not-so-good credit rating can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely. Continue reading for additional tips to get cheaper coverage and get additional discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to see if cheaper Stinger coverage is available. If you find better rates, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide written notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current policy. Submit payment and a completed application for the new coverage. Don’t forget to keep the new proof of insurance certificate in an accessible location in your vehicle.
An important note is to use similar limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get price estimates from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
It’s an obvious conclusion that car insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Drivers who perform rate comparisons will most likely switch companies because there is a great chance of finding lower prices. A recent survey revealed that drivers who shopped around annually saved about $865 a year as compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the cheapest rates on Kia Stinger insurance is your ultimate goal, then having a good understanding how to get free comparison quotes and analyze auto insurance can make the process less intimidating.
Consumers should take time to do price comparisons on a regular basis since insurance prices tend to go up over time. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rates on Kia Stinger insurance in Irvine at your last renewal other companies may now be cheaper. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you’re about to learn one of the easiest ways to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
How Your Stinger Insurance Costs are Determined
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at the rating factors that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in big savings.
The factors shown below are some of the most rate-impacting factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set premiums.
Big cities mean more claims – Having an address in a small town can be a good thing when it comes to insurance. City drivers have to deal with more road rage incidents and longer commutes to work. Fewer people corresponds to lower accident rates and a lower car theft rate.
Cautious drivers have lower costs – How you drive can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Drivers with clean records pay lower auto insurance prices compared to bad drivers. Even one ticket can increase rates twenty percent or more. Drivers who have gotten flagrant violations such as reckless driving or DUI may need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
Safeguard your assets with liability – Liability insurance provides coverage in the event that you are found liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your liability coverage provides you with a defense in court to defend your case. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared with rates for comp and collision, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Higher deductibles are cheaper – Protection for physical damage, aka comp and collision, is used to repair damage to your Kia. Examples of covered claims are colliding with a building, vandalism, and having your car stolen. The deductibles you choose state the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. The larger the amount the insured is willing to pay, the less money you will pay for insurance.
Prices and employer – Occupational choices like military personnel, airline pilots, and accountants generally pay the highest rates because of intense work-related stress and long work hours. Conversely, careers such as farmers, athletes and homemakers have the lowest average rates.
Decrease premiums by maintaining coverage – Not maintaining insurance is against the law and you will pay a penalty because you let your insurance lapse. And not only will insurance be more expensive, failure to provide proof of insurance can result in fines and jail time. You will then be forced to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the California motor vehicle department.
Verify you’re receiving every discount
Car insurance is not cheap, but discounts can save money and there are some available to cut the cost considerably. Many discounts should be triggered at quote time, but once in a while a discount must be manually applied in order for you to get them.
- Drive Safe and Save – Safe drivers could pay up to 40% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Telematics Data – Drivers who elect to allow companies to study vehicle usage remotely like Allstate’s Drivewise might see lower rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active deployment in the military can result in better rates.
- Driver Safety – Taking part in a course teaching defensive driving skills may get you a small discount if your company offers it.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The best auto insurance companies and their offered discounts can be found below.
- State Farm may include discounts for multiple policy, multiple autos, anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and accident-free.
- American Family offers discounts including bundled insurance, good driver, multi-vehicle, TimeAway discount, and defensive driver.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including multi-car, anti-theft, good driver, multi-policy, and good student.
- GEICO includes discounts for multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, good student, military active duty, and five-year accident-free.
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for age of vehicle, low natural disaster claims, professional/association, good driver, anti-theft, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for early shopping, homeowner, multi-car, electronic funds transfer, and mature driver.
- Progressive discounts include online quote discount, good student, multi-vehicle, homeowner, online signing, and multi-policy.
When getting free Irvine auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every prospective company which discounts can lower your rates. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policyholders in Irvine. If you would like to see a list of auto insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Irvine, follow this link.
Best auto insurance in Irvine
Insuring your vehicle with the top company can be difficult considering how many choices drivers have in California. The company rank data displayed below can help you analyze which companies to look at purchasing a policy from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|AAA of Southern California||91||94||97||92%||A+||94.1|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Cheap insurance rates are out there
Drivers switch companies for a variety of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, high prices, questionable increases in premium and even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching companies is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Affordable Kia Stinger insurance in Irvine is attainable both online and with local Irvine insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies don’t offer online rate quotes and these smaller providers sell through local independent agencies.
In this article, we covered many tips how you can get a better price on Kia Stinger insurance in Irvine. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from an unexpected company.
How to find discount Kia Stinger insurance in Irvine
If you want to save money, the best way to find affordable quotes for Kia Stinger insurance in Irvine is to regularly compare quotes from providers who can sell car insurance in California. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
First, take a few minutes and learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can change to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates such as careless driving and a not-so-good credit score can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Second, quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Irvine. If you find better rates, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
An important bit of advice to remember is to try to use identical limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. This helps ensure an accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Much more information about insurance in California can be read below:
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Bad Credit in Irvine? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for High Mileage Drivers in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)