It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get cheaper car insurance rates in Irvine is to compare prices at least once a year from different companies who sell insurance in California. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
- First, get an understanding of how your policy works and the things you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that result in higher rates such as accidents, careless driving, and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Second, compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide prices for many different companies. View companies
- Third, compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find better rates and decide to switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel the current policy and submit a signed application and payment to the new company. Immediately keep the new certificate of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to try to compare identical coverages on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many different companies as possible. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and maximum price selection.
It’s safe to conclude that car insurance companies don’t want you shop around. People who shop around for a cheaper policy are inclined to buy a different policy because there is a high probability of finding lower rate quotes. A study showed that people who shopped around saved an average of $865 a year compared to those who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding discount rates on Nissan Juke insurance is why you’re reading this, then learning a little about the best way to compare insurance coverage can make it easier to find better rates.
The best way to get policy rate comparisons for Nissan Juke insurance in Irvine takes advantage of the fact almost all companies pay for the opportunity to quote your coverage. The only thing you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information including if a SR-22 is needed, distance driven, if you went to college, and how you use your vehicles. That rating information is instantly provided to insurance carriers in your area and you should receive rate quotes almost instantly.
To compare affordable Nissan Juke insurance rates now, click here and complete the form.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide price quotes in California. To find cheap auto insurance in Irvine, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Some insurers don’t always list all discounts very well, so the following list contains some of the best known and the more hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Irvine auto insurance online.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking part in a defensive driving class could earn you a small percentage discount depending on where you live.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of more than 20%.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles could qualify for substantially lower insurance rates.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you combine your home and auto policies and place coverage with the same company you may earn nearly 15% which can help you find affordable Nissan Juke insurance rates in Irvine.
- Smart Student Discounts – Performing well in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Multiple Cars – Having more than one vehicle on a single policy qualifies for this discount.
- Claim-Free Discount – Irvine drivers who stay claim-free have much lower rates when compared to accident-prone drivers.
A quick disclaimer, some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So even though you would think all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But all discounts will bring down your insurance premiums.
A few of the larger companies and a selection of discounts can be read below.
- Progressive may include discounts for continuous coverage, good student, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including vehicle fuel type, air bag, bundle, defensive driver, and anti-theft.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include multi-car, location of vehicle, type of vehicle, low natural disaster claims, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
- GEICO may offer discounts for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, daytime running lights, military active duty, emergency military deployment, and anti-theft.
- AAA may have discounts that include pay-in-full, good driver, education and occupation, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
- State Farm has discounts for multiple policy, passive restraint, good student, defensive driving training, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company or agent which discounts you qualify for. A few discounts might not apply in Irvine. To view insurers who offer free Nissan Juke insurance quotes in California, click here to view.
Why Your Insurance Costs might be higher
Many factors are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, but other criteria are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating.
The itemized list below are a few of the “ingredients” that factor into rates.
- Save by driving less – The more you drive your Nissan in a year’s time the higher your rates will be. Most companies calculate prices based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use can be on a lower rate level than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Incorrect rating for your Juke is throwing money out the window. Double check that your auto insurance declarations sheet reflects the correct usage for each vehicle, because it can save money.
- More traffic means higher claims – Living in small towns and rural areas has definite advantages when buying auto insurance. Drivers who live in large cities tend to have much more traffic and a longer drive to work. Fewer drivers corresponds to lower accident rates in addition to fewer liability claims.
- Low physical damage deductibles cost more – Physical damage insurance, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, insures against damage to your Nissan. Examples of some claims that would be covered are a windshield shattered by a rock, damage caused by hail, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Physical damage deductibles tell how much you are required to spend if a covered claim is submitted. The more money you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the lower your rates will be.
- Cheap premiums for being claim-free – Companies in California generally give discounts to drivers who do not file claims often. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can look forward to either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for more catastrophic claims.
- The type of car you drive affects your prices – The type of vehicle you drive makes a significant difference in the rate you pay. Economy passenger cars usually have the lowest premiums, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- Being married pays dividends – Having a spouse may cut your premiums when buying auto insurance. Marriage may mean you are more financially stable and it’s statistically proven that married couples file fewer claims.
Insurance loss data for a Nissan Juke – Insurers use data from past claims to help calculate premium rates. Vehicles that the data determines to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will cost more to insure.
The table below outlines the historical insurance loss data for Nissan Juke vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles combined as an average is set at 100. Values that are under 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values that are above 100 indicate frequent claims or larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Nissan Juke Vehicles Specific Nissan Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Juke 2WD 101 104 77 111 134 113 Nissan Juke 4WD 107 112 75 120 115 105BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Can’t I compare prices from local Irvine auto insurance agents?
A small number of people just prefer to go talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision Agents can point out coverage gaps and will help you if you have claims. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain the best rates but also keep your business local.
Upon completion of this short form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to companies in Irvine that can give you free Irvine auto insurance quotes to get your business. You don’t have to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent straight to your inbox. In the event you want to quote rates from a particular provider, feel free to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Finding a good provider requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. Some important questions to ask are:
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Irvine?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
If you want an insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies to choose from. Auto insurance agents can either be independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types can write policy coverage, but it’s important to know how they differ because it can influence the kind of agent you use.
Agents in the exclusive channel normally can only provide a single company’s rates and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide other company’s prices so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Drivers often purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to the brand name and solid financial strength.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Irvine who may provide you with price quotes.
- Farmers Insurance
4000 Barranca Pkwy # 250 – Irvine, CA 92604 – (949) 262-3238 – View Map
- State Farm: Jane Lee
30 Corporate Park – Irvine, CA 92606 – (949) 223-5020 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Al Kash
17702 Mitchell N – Irvine, CA 92614 – (949) 216-3620 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by any specific company so as a result can place your coverage through lots of different companies and get the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can switch companies without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparing auto insurance rates, you need to contact at least one independent agent to have the best price comparison. They often place coverage with companies that do not advertise much that many times have cheaper rates.
Listed below are Irvine independent agencies that can give you price quote information.
- USG Insurance Services-California
100 Pacifica Suite 340 – Irvine, CA 92618 – (800) 886-3897 – View Map
- Roger Stone Insurance Agency
5015 Birch St – Newport Beach, CA 92660 – (949) 757-0270 – View Map
- Peter Green Insurance Agency LLC
3151 Airway Ave Suite F203 – Costa Mesa, CA 92626 – (714) 258-2800 – View Map
Once you have good answers to any questions you may have as well as an affordable premium quote, chances are good that you have found an insurance agency that is reliable enough to properly service your auto insurance policy.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When choosing a policy for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether you may require specific advice.
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Nissan Juke?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Nissan Juke to commute?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Irvine?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
California car insurance company ratings
Selecting the best insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many companies provide coverage in Irvine. The information in the next section can help you analyze which car insurance companies you want to consider purchasing coverage from.
Top 10 Irvine Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA of Southern California – 92%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- Nationwide – 90%
- State Farm – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
Lower rates by being persistent
Drivers switch companies for any number of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, denial of a claim, questionable increases in premium and even being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason, switching car insurance companies is not as hard as you think.
When trying to cut insurance costs, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
We covered a lot of ways to lower your Nissan Juke insurance premium rates in Irvine. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Nissan Juke rate quotes. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
More detailed car insurance information is located in these articles:
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Irvine Auto Insurance for a Kia Forte? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Retired Military in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Irvine Auto Insurance for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)