Remarkably, a study showed that most auto insurance customers renewed their policy with the same company for over three years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,387, Irvine drivers could cut their rates by up to $469 a year, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to save money by comparing rate quotes.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get the cheapest Nissan Altima insurance in Irvine is to regularly compare prices from companies that insure vehicles in California. You can compare prices by following these steps.
- Step 1: Gain an understanding of individual coverages and the things you can change to lower rates. Many risk factors that cause rate increases such as your driving record and an unacceptable credit score can be amended by paying attention to minor details. This article gives tips to get better rates and get discounts that may be overlooked.
- Step 2: Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available in Irvine. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
A good tip to remember is to try to use similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to get price estimates from every company you can. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
If you’re already insured, you will definitely be able to cut your premiums using the following tips. Finding the cheapest car insurance coverage in Irvine can be made easier if you know where to look. Nevertheless, California vehicle owners do need to know the way companies market insurance on the web and take advantage of how the system works.
The majority of larger companies allow you to get price estimates direct online. The process is quite simple as you simply enter the coverage amounts you desire into the quote form. After you submit the form their quoting system automatically orders your driving and credit reports and returns pricing information based on the data you entered. Being able to quote online for Nissan Altima insurance in Irvine makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it is important to have as many quotes as possible if you want to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
In order to find out how much you can save on auto insurance, compare rates from the companies below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you duplicate the coverage information exactly as shown on your declarations page. This ensures you will have a rate comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The providers in the list below provide free rate quotes in Irvine, CA. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
These discounts can lower your auto insurance quotes
Auto insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but there’s a good chance there are discounts to reduce the price significantly. Many discounts should be triggered when you get a quote, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested in order for you to get them.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you can bundle your home and auto insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you may save up to 20% and get you low cost Nissan Altima insurance.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning your own home or condo can save a few bucks because it shows financial diligence.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control are much safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- College Student Discount – Youth drivers who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Irvine and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but certain companies will forgive one accident without getting socked with a rate hike with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a specific time period.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Options like air bags may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that it’s possible to get free car insurance, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous. But all discounts will definitely lower your policy premiums.
The information below illustrates the difference between Nissan Altima insurance rates with and without discounts applied. The premium estimates are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, multi-car, claim-free, safe-driver, marriage, and homeowner discounts applied.
A list of auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts can be found below.
- GEICO may offer discounts for anti-lock brakes, driver training, defensive driver, good student, membership and employees, federal employee, and emergency military deployment.
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for location of vehicle, anti-theft, age of vehicle, accident-free, ease of repair, and type of vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include youthful driver, electronic funds transfer, teen driver, homeowner, alternative fuel, and switch companies.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may have discounts that include mature driver, air bags, safe driver, multiple vehicles, and company car.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for safety features, preferred payment discount, teen driver discount, exclusive group savings, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO offers discounts for anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, teen safe driver, homeowner, accident prevention training, and multi-car.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for good student, online signing, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
- USAA has savings for driver training, family discount, multi-vehicle, new vehicle, good student, and defensive driver.
It’s a good idea to ask every insurance company the best way to save money. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in every state. If you would like to see a list of companies who offer cheap Nissan Altima insurance quotes in Irvine, follow this link.
Nissan Altima insurance analysis
The coverage information shown below highlights a range of insurance premium costs for Nissan Altima models. Learning more about how policy rates are calculated can help customers make smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Altima 2.5 4-Dr Sedan||$214||$386||$416||$24||$124||$1,164||$97|
|Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$214||$454||$416||$24||$124||$1,232||$103|
|Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$242||$454||$416||$24||$124||$1,260||$105|
|Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$242||$454||$470||$28||$140||$1,334||$111|
|Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$242||$454||$416||$24||$124||$1,260||$105|
|Altima 3.5 SR 2-Dr Coupe||$242||$522||$470||$28||$140||$1,402||$117|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Price estimates do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can revise rates considerably.
Safe drivers pay less for car insurance
The chart below illustrates how violations and fender-benders influence Nissan Altima insurance premiums for different age groups of insureds. The rate quotes are based on a married male driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Rate comparison of full coverage and liability-only
The illustration below shows the comparison of Nissan Altima car insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The premium estimates are based on a clean driving record, no claims, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
Should you pay for full coverage or liability only?
There is no exact rule that is best for determining when to drop physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of having full coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s say your Nissan Altima replacement cost is $6,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $5,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premium cost is more than $500 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some situations where buying only liability insurance is not financially feasible. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
Neighborhood agents and car insurance
Some people just want to talk to an insurance agent and that is just fine! The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get cheaper rates and still have an agent to talk to.
Once you complete this quick form, your coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Irvine who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to visit any agencies because prices are sent straight to your inbox. Get lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific company, you would need to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right company requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Irvine?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Where are claims handled?
Why You Might Pay Increased Rates in Irvine
When buying insurance it’s important to understand some of the factors that go into determining the price you pay for insurance. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that could help you find better insurance rates.
An active insurance claims history can cost more – Car insurance companies in California provide discounts to drivers who are not frequent claim filers. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to either higher rates or even cancellation. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for more catastrophic claims.
Married drivers pay lower rates – Getting married may earn you lower rates compared to being single. It generally demonstrates drivers are more mature and statistics prove drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Guys tend to take more risk – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown women are more cautious behind the wheel. The data does not necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Both sexes get in fender benders at a similar rate, but men have costlier accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also have more aggressive citations like reckless driving and DUI.
The information below illustrates the difference between Nissan Altima premium costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no claims or driving violations, full coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Comp and collision deductibles are a factor – Physical damage deductibles define how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. Physical damage coverage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. A few examples of covered claims are a windshield broken by a bird, damage from fire, or theft of your vehicle. The more damage repair cost you have to pay, the less money you will pay for insurance.
More miles equals more premium – The more you drive in a year the higher your rates will be. Most insurance companies charge to insure your cars based upon how you use the vehicle. Autos that do not get driven very much cost less to insure than those that get driven frequently. Improper usage on your Altima is just wasting money. It’s always a good idea to double check that your insurance declarations sheet shows annual mileage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
Driver age impacts rates – More mature drivers are shown to be more cautious, cost insurance companies less in claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets. Teen drivers tend to be more careless behind the wheel and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
The chart below assumes a single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Extra coverages that may not be needed – There are many add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you don’t pay attention. Things like replacement cost coverage, towing coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships are probably not needed. They may seem like a good idea when talking to your agent, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so think about removing them and cutting costs.
Do you have enough liability coverage? – Your insurance policy’s liability coverage will provide protection if ever a jury decides you are liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is relatively inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
Insurance loss statistics a Nissan Altima – Companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle when they set coverage costs for each model. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher claim amounts or frequency will cost more for coverage.
The next table shows the insurance loss data for Nissan Altima vehicles. For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is a value of 100. Percentage values below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while percentages above 100 point to more frequent losses or statistically larger losses.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance in California serves several purposes
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Nissan in Irvine, maintaining insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, most lenders will force you to carry insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Nissan for a lot more money and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your Nissan Altima and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying car insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in California is overpaying more than $820 a year so smart consumers compare quotes once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Cheaper auto insurance is a realistic goal
We covered quite a bit of information on how to find lower-cost Nissan Altima insurance in Irvine. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with an unexpected company. These companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
Some auto insurance companies may not have the ability to get a quote online and many times these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agents. Cheaper auto insurance in Irvine can be found online in addition to many Irvine insurance agents, so compare prices from both to have the best rate selection.
Much more information about auto insurance in California is located at these links:
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes After a Speeding Ticket in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50 in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Handicapped Drivers in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Low Credit Scores in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)