It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find low-cost prices for Scion tC insurance in Irvine is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurers that insure vehicles in California.
- Read about what is in your policy and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that cause high rates like getting speeding tickets and a bad credit score can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
The critical component of shopping around is that you’ll want to compare identical coverage information on every price quote and and to look at as many different insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure a fair rate comparison and the best price quote selection.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that the vast majority of drivers have been with the same company for four years or more, and almost half have never even compared rates from other companies. The average driver in Irvine could save an average of 35% each year by just comparing quotes, but most tend to underestimate the benefits if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Finding the cheapest auto insurance coverage in Irvine is really quite easy. If you already have coverage or need new coverage, use these techniques to reduce premiums while maintaining coverages. Shoppers just have to understand the proper methods to shop from many different companies.
Many insurance companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive allow consumers to get insurance quotes on their websites. Obtaining pricing for Scion tC insurance in Irvine is very simple because it’s just a matter of typing in the coverage amounts you desire into the quote form. When the form is submitted, their quoting system requests reports for credit and driving violations and generates pricing information based on the information you submitted. Getting online rate quotes for Scion tC insurance in Irvine streamlines rate comparisons, and it’s absolutely necessary to have as many quotes as possible if you want to find cheaper rates.
To save time and compare rates now, take a look at the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you complete the form with the coverage information exactly as shown on your declarations page. Doing this assures you will have rate quotes for exact coverage.
The companies shown below can provide price quotes in Irvine, CA. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in Irvine, it’s a good idea that you get rate quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Three reasons to not skimp on auto insurance
Even though Irvine tC insurance rates can get expensive, insurance is required in California but also provides important benefits.
First, the majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your tC, it’s most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Scion at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
Third, insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Scion gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car are definitely more than the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is wasting up to $830 a year so it’s recommended you shop around each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Scion tC insurance charts and tables
The premium table shown next covers different insurance costs for Scion tC models. Being more informed about how policy premiums are calculated is important for you to make decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|TC 2-Dr Hatchback||$294||$804||$624||$36||$186||$1,944||$162|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can revise insurance rates substantially.
Comparison of full coverage and liability-only policies
The example below illustrates the comparison of Scion tC insurance costs with full coverage and liability only. The premium estimates are based on no accidents or driving violations, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
Are you wasting money paying for full coverage?
There is no definitive guideline for phasing out full coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than around 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Scion tC book value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $2,000 after paying your deductible. If you are currently paying more than $200 annually for physical damage coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some conditions where removing full coverage is not a good idea. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to carry full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should keep full coverage in place.
Scion tC insurance discounts in Irvine
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you might already qualify for some discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Some trigger automatically at the time of quoting, but a few must be specifically requested prior to getting the savings.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or retired federal employment may reduce rates when you quote Irvine auto insurance with some auto insurance companies.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles could earn slightly better prices than normal.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- E-sign Discounts – A few larger online companies will give you a small discount just for signing your application on their website.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay much less compared to policyholders that have many claims.
Remember that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the appearance that having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck.
The example below compares Scion tC insurance rates with and without discounts applied. The costs are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, marriage, and multi-car discounts applied.
To view providers who offer auto insurance discounts in California, click this link.
Buying from auto insurance agents
Some people still prefer to sit down with an agent and that is just fine! Good insurance agents are trained risk managers and give you someone to call. A good thing about getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get better rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After completing this form (opens in new window), the quote information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Irvine who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don’t have to find an agent as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. In the event you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you just need to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Picking the best insurance company should include more criteria than just a low price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
Listed below are agents in Irvine that can give you comparison quotes for Scion tC insurance in Irvine.
Willis Insurance Services of CA Inc
18101 Von Karman Ave # 600 – Irvine, CA 92612 – (949) 885-1200 – View Map
Your auto insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When selecting a policy, there isn’t really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your situation is unique.
For example, these questions could help you determine if you will benefit from professional help.
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
A little work can save a LOT of money
Budget-conscious Scion tC insurance can be purchased online and also from your neighborhood Irvine agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who do not provide internet price quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
You just learned a lot of techniques to save on Scion tC insurance in Irvine. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting affordable Irvine auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company.
Consumers switch companies for many reasons like policy non-renewal, high prices, high rates after DUI convictions and even delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new company can be less work than you think.
More tips and info about car insurance is available in the articles below:
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Irvine Auto Insurance for a Kia Forte? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for College Graduates in Irvine? (FAQ)
- How Much is Irvine Car Insurance for Teachers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Irvine Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Equinox? (FAQ)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)