The best way to find affordable Subaru Crosstrek insurance in Irvine is to compare prices once a year from companies in California.
- Gain an understanding of what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can take to prevent high rates. Many things that result in higher rates like tickets, at-fault accidents, and a bad credit score can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the quotes to your existing policy to determine if you can save on Crosstrek insurance. If you can save some money, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Tell your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your existing policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to your new carrier. As soon as you can, safely store the proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle.
The key aspect of shopping around is to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to look at as many car insurance companies as possible. This provides the most accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
Remarkably, a study showed that about 70% of customers have stayed with the same insurance company for four years or more, and roughly 40% of drivers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. Most drivers in California can save about $469 each year just by comparing rates, but they underestimate the rate savings if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Companies offering Subaru Crosstrek insurance in Irvine
The companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in California. To locate cheap auto insurance in Irvine, CA, we recommend you click on several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Earn discounts to get lower-cost Irvine car insurance quotes
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you can get discounts that can help lower your rates. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time you complete a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked for before being credited.
- New Car Discount – Buying a new car instead of a used Crosstrek can save up to 30% since newer models have better safety ratings.
- Life Insurance – Some companies give a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- College Student – Kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Irvine and do not have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory options such as air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Driving Data Discount – Insureds that choose to allow their insurance company to track where and when they drive through the use of a telematics system such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system may get a rate reduction as long as they are good drivers.
One last thing about discounts, most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
To see insurance companies with significant discounts in Irvine, follow this link.
Local Irvine insurance agencies and insurance
Some consumers prefer to have an agent’s advice. A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain the best rates and still have an agent to talk to. And providing support for local insurance agents is especially important in Irvine.
After completing this short form, your insurance data is immediately sent to companies in Irvine who will give competitive quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to even leave your home since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. You can find the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. If you have a need to compare prices from a particular provider, you can always go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
How to choose the best car insurance agent in Irvine
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a local Irvine insurance agent, there are a couple of different agency structures that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies are categorized either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by any specific company so they can quote policies with lots of companies and get you the best rates possible. If prices rise, your policy is moved internally and you stay with the same agent. When comparing insurance prices, you absolutely need to get rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for the best price selection.
Shown below is a partial list of independent agencies in Irvine who can help you get free price quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can only write with one company and examples are State Farm or Allstate. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are well schooled on sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents.
Below are exclusive insurance agencies in Irvine who can help you get price quotes.
Deciding on an auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just the premium amount. You should also get answers to these questions.
- What insurance companies do they work with in Irvine?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- How long has their agency been open in Irvine?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
Insurance coverages 101
Having a good grasp of your policy helps when choosing the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Below you’ll find the usual coverages offered by insurance companies.
Medical expense insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for bills for things like funeral costs, pain medications, chiropractic care, rehabilitation expenses and surgery. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Coverage for liability
This coverage provides protection from damage that occurs to other’s property or people. It protects you from claims by other people. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have policy limits of 15/30/5 which means $15,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $30,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $5,000 paid for damaged property. Another option is one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability can pay for claims like structural damage, emergency aid, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and medical expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but consider buying as large an amount as possible. California state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but you should think about purchasing more coverage.
The next chart demonstrates why buying minimum limits may not be adequate coverage.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like a broken windshield, hitting a bird, hitting a deer and vandalism. The maximum amount your insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
This coverage covers damage to your Crosstrek resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things such as hitting a parking meter, rolling your car and hitting a mailbox. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible on your Crosstrek to bring the cost down.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Subaru Crosstrek.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (which is 15/30/5), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Most of the time the UM/UIM limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
The lowest rates come from being thorough
As you shop your coverage around, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The aim is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Lower-priced auto insurance in Irvine can be purchased both online as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. Some auto insurance companies do not offer online price quotes and usually these smaller providers work with local independent agencies.
More detailed auto insurance information can be found by following these links:
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Infrequent Drivers in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Irvine Auto Insurance for a Kia Forte? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Fusion in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Government Employees in Irvine? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Used Cars in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Irvine Auto Insurance for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)