The best way we recommend to find affordable car insurance rates in Irvine is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers in California. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Gain an understanding of policy coverages and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many factors that cause high rates such as accidents, traffic violations, and a substandard credit history can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote rates from many different companies. Click to view companies
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your current coverage and submit the application along with any required down payment to your new insurance company. Immediately upon receiving it, place the new proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
The key thing to remember is to use similar coverage information on each price quote and and to look at as many companies as you can. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
It’s easy to assume that car insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. Drivers who compare rates at least once a year are likely to buy a different policy because there is a good chance of finding a cheaper policy. A study showed that consumers who compared rates once a year saved as much as $3,450 over four years compared to drivers who never compared prices.
If finding the best price on car insurance is why you’re here, then learning a little about the best way to compare cheaper coverage can help simplify the process.
The intent of this article is to tell you how to compare rates easily and also pocket some savings If you already have coverage, you will surely be able to get lower rates using the techniques covered below. Although California vehicle owners must understand how companies determine what you pay and apply this information to your search.
Auto insurance discounts are available for cheaper rates
Companies offering auto insurance don’t necessarily list every discount very clearly, so we break down a few of the more common and the harder-to-find credits that may apply to you.
- Military Discounts – Having a deployed family member could qualify you for better rates.
- Paper-free Discount – Certain insurance companies will give a small break for completing your application online.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Tesla could earn cheaper prices.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give a discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Accident Waiver – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a few companies such as GEICO, Allstate and Liberty Mutual will let one accident slide without raising rates if you have no claims prior to the accident.
Just know that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it’s just not the way it works.
To locate auto insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in California, click this link.
Car insurance coverages for a Tesla Model S
Understanding the coverages of your auto insurance policy can help you determine which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Auto insurance terms can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Listed below are the usual coverages found on the average auto insurance policy.
Insurance for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for bills for things like funeral costs, chiropractic care, hospital visits and surgery. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers you and your occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (California limits are 15/30/5), their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important. Most of the time these coverages are set the same as your liability limits.
Collision insurance covers damage to your Model S resulting from a collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for claims like scraping a guard rail, hitting a mailbox and driving through your garage door. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible on your Model S to get cheaper collision coverage.
Auto liability insurance
Liability coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to other people or property that is your fault. It protects YOU against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see liability limits of 15/30/5 that translate to a $15,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $30,000 in injury protection per accident, and $5,000 of coverage for damaged property. Another option is a combined limit which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for claims like funeral expenses, bail bonds and medical expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but buy as large an amount as possible. California state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but it’s recommended drivers buy more coverage.
The chart below shows why buying minimum limits may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as hitting a deer, falling objects and damage from flooding. The most your auto insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Ratings for California car insurance companies
Choosing the highest-rated auto insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many companies there are in California. The company information listed below could help you select which auto insurers to look at comparing prices from.
Top 10 Irvine Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
Top 10 Irvine Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Don’t give up on cheap rates
We just covered a lot of ways to save on Tesla Model S insurance in Irvine. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting low cost Irvine car insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest car insurance rates are with the smaller companies. These smaller insurers can often provide lower premium rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Lower-priced Tesla Model S insurance in Irvine is definitely available online and from local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies don’t offer rates over the internet and many times these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent agencies.
To read more, feel free to visit the articles below:
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150 in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Irvine Auto Insurance for Ride Shares? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Fusion in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Irvine Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Rogue? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 19 Year Olds in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Retired Military in Irvine? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Uber Drivers in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for High School Students in Irvine? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Active Military in Irvine? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Teenagers in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Good Drivers in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)