Everyone knows that car insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. Insureds who shop around once a year will, in all likelihood, switch to a new company because there is a significant possibility of finding a lower-priced policy. A study discovered that drivers who routinely compared quotes saved an average of $850 each year compared to drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding budget-friendly rates on Toyota Sequoia insurance in Irvine is why you’re here, then understanding how to shop for coverages can make it easier to find better rates.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get discount car insurance rates in Irvine is to start comparing prices yearly from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in California.
First, get an understanding of the different coverages in a policy and the modifications you can make to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases like distracted driving and an unacceptable credit rating can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Keep reading for information to help keep prices low and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
Second, compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple companies. Compare rates now
Third, compare the new rates to your existing policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Fourth, provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment for the new coverage. When you receive it, safely store the certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One important bit of advice is to use identical coverages on every quote and and to get price estimates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
How to shop Toyota Sequoia insurance online
Most of the larger companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive give coverage prices on their websites. Doing online price comparisons for Toyota Sequoia insurance in Irvine can be done by anyone because you just enter your required coverages into the form. When complete, their system makes automated requests for reports for credit and driving violations and gives you a price quote based on the data you entered.
This makes comparing rates easy, and it’s necessary to perform this step if you are searching for the most affordable premium on car insurance.
In order to fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you input coverages and limits as shown on your current policy. Doing this assures you will be getting rate comparison quotes based on similar coverages.
The following companies have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Irvine, CA. To buy cheap auto insurance in Irvine, we suggest you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Rates and detailed analysis
The rate information shown next covers detailed analysis of insurance costs for Toyota Sequoia models. Learning how auto insurance premiums are established can aid in making informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sequoia SR/5 2WD||$348||$570||$596||$36||$178||$1,728||$144|
|Sequoia SR/5 4WD||$348||$672||$596||$36||$178||$1,830||$153|
|Sequoia Limited 2WD||$388||$672||$596||$36||$178||$1,870||$156|
|Sequoia Limited 4WD||$388||$672||$596||$36||$178||$1,870||$156|
|Sequoia Platinum 2WD||$388||$774||$596||$36||$178||$1,972||$164|
|Sequoia Platinum 4WD||$388||$774||$596||$36||$178||$1,972||$164|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can lower or raise rates significantly.
The chart below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can affect Toyota Sequoia insurance costs for different ages of insureds. Data assumes a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied.
These discounts can cut Toyota Sequoia insurance rates
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but there may be some discounts to help offset the cost. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be manually applied before you get the savings.
- Own a Home and Save – Being a homeowner can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger car insurance companies have a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% but check with your company.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- Active Service Discounts – Being on active duty in the military could trigger a small discount.
- One Accident Forgiven – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like Progressive, State Farm and GEICO will allow you to have one accident without the usual rate increase so long as you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Good Students Pay Less – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any qualifying discounts will help lower the premium cost.
The information below compares Toyota Sequoia auto insurance costs with and without discounts. The data is based on a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, marriage, and multi-policy discounts applied.
For a list of companies that offer multiple discounts in California, click here to view.
Best reasons to buy auto insurance in California
Despite the potentially high cost of Toyota Sequoia insurance, insurance is required by state law in California and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires specific limits of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, it’s guaranteed your bank will force you to buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your Toyota at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your Toyota Sequoia and your personal assets. It will also pay for medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your auto insurance policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. An average driver in America overpays as much as $869 every year so compare quotes from several companies at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
You may want advice from a local insurance agent
Many people still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find the best rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from small agencies is especially important in Irvine.
After completing this simple form, your insurance data gets sent to companies in Irvine that provide free Irvine car insurance quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered to you instantly. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific insurance provider, you would need to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
How to choose the best car insurance agent in Irvine
When researching a good Irvine insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance policy providers are considered either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both types of agents can write insurance policies, but it’s important to know how they are different because it can impact your selection of an agent.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents are not limited to a single company so as a result can place your coverage with an assortment of companies and get the cheapest rates. If they quote lower rates, they can switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent. When comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you include rate quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the best comparison. Many can place coverage with small mutual carriers that many times have cheaper rates.
The following is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Irvine who may provide price quote information.
- California Agency Insurance
17632 Irvine Blvd # 235 – Tustin, CA 92780 – (714) 731-8300 – View Map
- Wells Fargo Insurance Services: Harper James
2030 Main St #700 – Irvine, CA 92614 – (949) 358-6100 – View Map
- Gardner Insurance Orange County
4952 Warner Ave – Huntington Beach, CA 92649 – (714) 846-4231 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can usually just insure with one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so always compare other rates. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some insured continue to purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to loyalty to the company rather than low rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Irvine that are able to give price quote information.
- Rich Stevens – State Farm Insurance Agent
4482 Barranca Pkwy #224 – Irvine, CA 92604 – (949) 552-6601 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Kay Yang
4255 Campus Dr A270 – Irvine, CA 92612 – (949) 509-2888 – View Map
- Rebecca Higgs – State Farm Insurance Agent
5410 Trabuco Rd #100 – Irvine, CA 92620 – (949) 726-9015 – View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a low price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- How long have they been in business?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
After receiving positive responses to your questions as well as an affordable premium quote, it’s possible that you found an insurance agency that meets your needs to properly insure your vehicles.