The most effective way to get cheaper Volkswagen Atlas insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurers that insure vehicles in Irvine.
- Try to understand the coverage provided by your policy and the things you can control to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that increase rates like speeding tickets, careless driving and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from many different companies. View rates
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and see if there is a cheaper rate in Irvine. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Give notification to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a completed application and payment for your new coverage. As soon as coverage is bound, store the certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One bit of advice is that you use the same amount of coverage on each price quote and and to get price estimates from as many different companies as possible. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
Unthinkable but true, over 70% of consumers kept buying from the same company for over three years, and nearly the majority have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. Most drivers in California could save themselves about $500 a year just by shopping around, but they just don’t understand the amount of money they would save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Lowering your auto insurance rates is surprisingly easy. You just need to spend a few minutes on the computer comparing rate quotes online with multiple companies.
The companies shown below offer quotes in Irvine, CA. To get cheap auto insurance in Irvine, CA, we recommend you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Save a ton on Volkswagen Atlas insurance in Irvine with these nine insurance discounts
Car insurance companies don’t list the entire discount list in an easy-to-find place, so the next list breaks down both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden credits available to bring down your rates.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers who elect to allow data collection to monitor where and when they drive by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system might see lower rates if they have good driving habits.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and will qualify for a discount on a Irvine auto insurance quote.
- Multi-line Discount – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give a discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Claim Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can earn big discounts when compared with frequent claim filers.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but companies like State Farm, Progressive and GEICO will turn a blind eye to one accident without the usual rate increase so long as you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with one company you could get a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Good Grades Discount – Maintaining excellent grades may save as much as 25% on a Irvine auto insurance quote. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Good Driver Discount – Accident-free drivers could pay up to 40% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save up to 15% off the medical payments premium.
Keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way.
Auto insurance companies who may offer these benefits possibly include:
If you need affordable Volkswagen Atlas insurance quotes, ask each insurance company to give you their best rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not apply in Irvine.
Local neighborhood Irvine car insurance agents
Some consumers just prefer to visit with an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision Experienced insurance agents can help you build your policy and help you file claims. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is you can get cheaper prices and still buy from a local agent.
After completing this quick form, the quote information gets sent to local insurance agents in Irvine who will gladly provide quotes for your business. You don’t have to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. If you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right insurance company should depend on more than just a cheap quote. Before buying a policy in Irvine, get answers to these questions.
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
Irvine car insurance agents come in two flavors
When researching a local insurance agency, you should know the types of insurance agents that you can choose from. Car insurance agents in Irvine may be either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either one can sell affordable car insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know the difference in how they write coverage because it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only provide pricing for a single company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on the products they sell and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some consumers prefer to buy insurance from these agents primarily because of high brand loyalty rather than low price.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in Irvine willing to provide comparison quotes.
- State Farm: Richard Tay
14210 Culver Dr A – Irvine, CA 92604 – (949) 559-8866 – View Map
- State Farm: Jim Canty
3200 El Camino Real #110 – Irvine, CA 92602 – (949) 769-2600 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: James Lohse
4850 Barranca Pkwy #202 – Irvine, CA 92604 – (949) 559-0175 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent do not have single company limitations and that gives them the ability to insure with an assortment of companies and get you the best rates possible. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part. If you need lower rates, we recommend you include price quotes from multiple independent agents to have the most options to choose from. Most also write with lesser-known insurance companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Shown below are independent insurance agencies in Irvine who can help you get price quotes.
- SureCo Insurance Agency
201 Sandpointe Ave Suite 600 – Santa Ana, CA 92707 – (866) 845-9815 – View Map
- Isu Insurance Services Irvine
18022 Cowan Ste 225 – Irvine, CA 92614 – (949) 419-2100 – View Map
- Hodge and Hodge Insurance Inc
10 Hughes # 205 – Irvine, CA 92618 – (949) 458-0442 – View Map
Insurance just makes sense
Despite the high insurance cost for a Volkswagen Atlas in Irvine, insurance serves an important purpose.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Volkswagen has a loan, most lenders will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Volkswagen for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves your car and your assets. It will also cover many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. As of last year, the average driver in California is currently overpaying as much as $700 annually so compare quotes from several companies at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Insurance coverage options for a Volkswagen Atlas
Having a good grasp of your insurance policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
This pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as damage from getting keyed, hitting a bird, a broken windshield, vandalism and damage from flooding. The highest amount your insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Atlas caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things like scraping a guard rail, backing into a parked car, crashing into a building, sustaining damage from a pot hole and colliding with a tree. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. You can also choose a higher deductible on your Atlas to save money on collision insurance.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Volkswagen Atlas.
Due to the fact that many California drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (15/30/5 in California), their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Coverage for medical expenses
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for bills like hospital visits, dental work, prosthetic devices and X-ray expenses. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to you and your occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Auto liability insurance
This provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property. It protects you against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see liability limits of 15/30/5 that translate to $15,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $30,000, and a limit of $5,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability can pay for claims such as medical expenses, loss of income and legal defense fees. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford. California state minimum liability requirements are 15/30/5 but drivers should carry more coverage.
The chart below demonstrates why minimum state limits may not be adequate coverage.
Which car insurance company is best in California?
Insuring your vehicle with the right car insurance company is hard considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Irvine. The rank data displayed below can help you decide which insurers to look at shopping prices with.
Top 10 Irvine Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
Top 10 Irvine Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
Don’t give up on cheaper rates
While you’re price shopping online, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage only to find out that they should have had better coverage. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate.
People switch companies for any number of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, being labeled a high risk driver, lack of trust in their agent or high prices. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a great new company can be pretty painless.
A few companies may not offer price quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers only sell through independent agents. Discount Volkswagen Atlas insurance is possible from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture.
Additional information can be found at these links:
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Felons in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Seniors in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)