Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that the vast majority of consumers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for at least four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. California drivers could save themselves roughly 35% a year by just shopping around, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to do a rate comparison.
If you want to save money, the best way to get affordable auto insurance rates is to compare prices once a year from insurers that insure vehicles in Irvine.
First, spend some time learning about how companies set rates and the things you can control to keep rates low. Many factors that drive up the price like your driving record and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Read the full article for more ideas to help find cheaper rates and earn a bigger discount.
Second, quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if cheaper R32 coverage is available. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
The most important part of shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to get rates from every insurance company. This ensures a fair price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
What Impacts Volkswagen R32 Insurance Prices?
Many things are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, but others are less obvious such as your credit history or how safe your car is.
- Gender as a rate factor – Statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. The data does not necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Both genders cause auto accidents at about the same rate, but the men tend to have more serious accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also get ticketed for serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
- How much liability insurance do you need? – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance is the protection if ever you are ruled to be at fault for damages from an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is relatively inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Traffic violations mean higher rates – Drivers who don’t get tickets get better prices compared to drivers with tickets. Having just one ticket could increase your next policy renewal forty percent or more. Drivers unfortunate enough to have serious violations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may need to maintain a SR-22 with their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Extra policy coverages that may not be needed – There are a ton of extra bells and whistles that can waste your money when buying auto insurance. Coverages like rental car reimbursement, death and dismemberment, and Farm Bureau memberships may be costing you every month. They may seem like a good idea when buying your policy, but if they’re wasting money eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Marriage can save you money – Having a spouse may cut your premiums on your policy. Marriage usually means you are more financially stable and statistics prove drivers who are married are more cautious.
- A auto insurance policy lapse can increase rates – Not maintaining insurance can get your license suspended and your next policy will cost more because you let your coverage have a gap. Not only will you pay more, getting caught without coverage may result in a steep fine or even jail time.
- Premiums can change based on your address – Residing in areas with lower population can be a good thing when buying auto insurance. Less people translates into fewer accident claims and lower theft and vandalism rates. People in densely populated areas tend to have more traffic problems and more severe claims. More time behind the wheel translates into higher accident risk.
- Safer occupants lowers premiums – Safe vehicles cost less to insure. Safe vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and lower injury rates means less money paid by your insurance company and more competitive rates for policyholders.
To get cheaper Irvine car insurance quotes, there a variety of ways of comparing rates from different Irvine insurance companies. The fastest way to find cheaper Volkswagen R32 rates is to jump online and get quotes.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it makes it obsolete to spend your day driving to and from local Irvine insurance agencies. The ability to quote Volkswagen R32 insurance online makes this process obsolete unless you have a need for the professional abilities of a local agency. It is possible with some companies get the lowest quotes online and still use a local agent.
Just remember that comparing more prices helps improve the odds of finding a lower rate.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Irvine, CA. To get the best cheap auto insurance in Irvine, CA, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Auto insurance is not optional in California
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Irvine, paying for auto insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability in order to drive the car legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Volkswagen R32, most lenders will force you to buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your Volkswagen at an extremely high rate and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for many types of medical costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Volkswagen gets damaged, your auto insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying auto insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially for larger claims. An average driver in America is overpaying over $850 per year so compare quotes from several companies every year to save money.
Lower your car insurance rates with discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you might be missing out on some discounts that you may not know about. A few discounts will automatically apply when you purchase, but a few need to be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Irvine Homeowners Pay Less – Owning your own home or condo may earn you a small savings since home ownership is proof that your finances are in order.
- Bundle and Save – If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them both with the same insurance company you may save up to 20% off your total R32 insurance premium.
- Good Driver Discount – Drivers without accidents may save up to 50% more compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Military Rewards – Having an actively deployed family member can result in better prices.
- Professional Organizations – Being in a civic or occupational organization in Irvine may earn a discount when getting a Irvine car insurance quote.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt can save 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
If you would like to choose from a list of insurers who offer free Volkswagen R32 insurance quotes in California, click here to view.
Shop online but buy locally
Certain consumers still like to talk to an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheaper prices and still have an agent to talk to.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to participating agents in Irvine who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates without requiring a lot of work. If you want to compare prices from a specific auto insurance provider, just visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right insurer should include more criteria than just the premium amount. These questions are important to ask:
- Does the company have a local claim office in Irvine?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Irvine?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Does the agent help file claims?
Different types of auto insurance agents in Irvine
When narrowing the list to find a good insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance agencies may be either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Agents in the exclusive channel normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They generally cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are highly trained on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Irvine who can help you get price quote information.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by any specific company and that gives them the ability to insure through lots of different companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing auto insurance rates, you definitely need to get rate quotes from a few independent agents in order to compare the most rates.
Below is a list of independent insurance agents in Irvine willing to provide price quote information.
First American Property and Casualty Insurance Agency, Inc.
24 Executive Park Suite 250 – Irvine, CA 92614 – (888) 546-5118 – View Map
Be persistent and save
A few companies may not offer rate quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies only sell through independent agents. Cost effective Volkswagen R32 insurance can be sourced both online and from local agencies, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
When trying to cut insurance costs, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many cases where an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
For more information, link through to the following helpful articles:
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Welfare Recipients in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Irvine Auto Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Grand Cherokee? (FAQ)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)