The most effective way to find cheaper quotes for car insurance rates is to do an annual price comparison from insurers who provide car insurance in Irvine. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
First, take a few minutes and learn about individual coverages and the modifications you can make to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases such as traffic citations, accidents, and bad credit can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. This article gives additional ideas to help reduce premium rates and get additional discounts.
Second, obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices from many different companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Fourth, notify your agent or company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a completed policy application and payment for your new coverage. Once coverage is bound, place the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your glove compartment.
One tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same coverage limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get prices from as many companies as possible. This ensures a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Regrettably, nearly 70% of customers have remained with the same car insurance company for well over three years, and just short of a majority have never shopped around. California consumers could save themselves 35% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just don’t understand how much savings they would realize if they replace their high priced policy.
Take policy discounts and save on Toyota Venza insurance in Irvine
Companies offering auto insurance do not list every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below contains some of the more common and the more hidden credits available to bring down your rates. If you do not double check each discount you qualify for, you are just wasting money.
- Telematics Data Discounts – People who choose to allow their company to study driving habits by using a telematic data system such as State Farm’s In-Drive may get a rate reduction if they have good driving habits.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can avoid accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Payment Method – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Renewal Discounts – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching to them early. It can save you around 10%.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active duty in the military could mean lower premium rates.
- Student Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll in driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
As a sidenote, many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck.
The information below visualizes the comparison of Toyota Venza car insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The data is based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no claims, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, marriage, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A partial list of companies who may offer these discounts include:
- Mercury Insurance
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
When getting a coverage quote, ask all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts might not apply in Irvine. To see providers that offer some of these discounts in Irvine, click this link.
The best way we recommend to get rate comparisons for Toyota Venza insurance in Irvine is to take advantage of the fact most larger insurance companies provide online access to provide you with free rate quotes. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is give them some information like marital status, how many miles driven, any included safety features, and whether you have decent credit. Those rating factors is instantly provided to many of the top insurers and they respond with quotes immediately.
To find lower cheaper Toyota Venza insurance rates now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Irvine.
The companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Irvine, CA. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in Irvine, we suggest you compare several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Statistics and details
The rate information shown next covers different insurance policy prices for Toyota Venza models. Knowing how car insurance premiums are established can assist in making smart policy decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Venza 2WD 4-Dr||$230||$418||$450||$26||$134||$1,258||$105|
|Venza AWD 4-Dr||$230||$418||$450||$26||$134||$1,258||$105|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and claim-free. Premium amounts do not factor in specific location information which can modify premium rates greatly.
The chart below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can change Toyota Venza insurance costs for different age groups. The data is based on a married male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Toyota Venza insurance costs by gender and age in Irvine
The diagram below compares Toyota Venza premium costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes a clean driving record, no claims, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
Full coverage rates vs. liability-only in Irvine
The illustration below shows the comparison of Toyota Venza insurance costs with full coverage compared to only the California minimum liability coverage. The data is based on no violations or accidents, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no clear-cut formula to stop paying for full coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Toyota Venza replacement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $3,000 after you pay the deductible. If it’s costing you more than $300 annually for full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some cases where dropping full coverage is not advised. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
Toyota Venza Insurance Cost Factors
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that are used to determine the rates you pay for car insurance. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in big savings. Lots of things are used when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, although others are more obscure like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven.
- Better prices on vehicles with better crash test results – Vehicles with good safety scores are cheaper to insure. Vehicles built for safety reduce occupant injuries and reduced instances of injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and cheaper rates on your policy. If your Toyota is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov you may qualify for a discount.
- More stress means more cost – Careers such as real estate brokers, executives, and emergency personnel are shown to have the highest rates in part from intense work-related stress and incredibly demanding work hours. Conversely, occupations like professors, athletes and retirees have lower than average premiums.
- Excellent credit equals lower prices – Credit score factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. People with good credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have worse credit. If your credit could use some work, you may save money insuring your Toyota Venza if you improve your credit rating.
Insurance rates are higher for high performance vehicles – The type of car or truck you own makes a huge difference in your car insurance bill. The cheapest insurance rates are usually for lower cost passenger vehicles, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
The data below assumes a married male driver age 50, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It shows Toyota Venza policy rates compared to other models of vehicles that have a range of performance risks.
- Getting married can save on car insurance – Having a spouse may earn you lower rates when buying car insurance. It usually means you are more financially stable and insurance companies like that being married results in fewer claims.
Toyota Venza statistical loss data – Companies analyze the history of losses as a way to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Vehicles that statistically have a trend towards higher claims will cost more to insure. The table below illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Toyota Venza vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles as a whole is set at 100. Values that are below 100 represent a good loss history, while percentages above 100 show a trend for more claims or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Toyota Venza Models Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Toyota Venza 4dr 2WD 93 102 86 115 110 93 Toyota Venza 4dr 4WD 94 102 97 120 94 87BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Exclusive versus independent insurance agents
Some people just want to sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a great decision Licensed agents can help you build your policy and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find better rates but also keep your business local.
After filling out this simple form, your insurance data is submitted to participating agents in Irvine who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to even leave your home because prices are sent instantly to you. If you need to compare prices from a specific company, you can always search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right company is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. Any good agent in Irvine should know the answers to these questions.
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Irvine?
If you are wanting to find a local insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents that you can select. Irvine agents are classified as either exclusive or independent. Both types of agents can handle insurance, but it is important to understand the difference between them because it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Agents that elect to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so you might not find the best rates. These agents receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers often buy from exclusive agents mainly due to high brand loyalty instead of buying on price only.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in Irvine who can help you get price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Kay Yang
4255 Campus Dr A270 – Irvine, CA 92612 – (949) 509-2888 – View Map
- State Farm: Jim Canty
3200 El Camino Real #110 – Irvine, CA 92602 – (949) 769-2600 – View Map
- State Farm Insurance Agent: Kevin Chhiv
2101 Business Center Dr Suite 110 – Irvine, CA 92612 – (949) 202-0338 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are not limited to a single company and that allows them to write policies with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If your premiums go up, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to find a new agent.
If you are comparing rate quotes, it’s a good idea to include rate quotes from multiple independent agents for maximum quote selection. They also have the ability to place coverage with companies that do not advertise much that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
Shown below are Irvine independent insurance agents willing to provide comparison quotes.
- First American Property and Casualty Insurance Agency, Inc.
24 Executive Park Suite 250 – Irvine, CA 92614 – (888) 546-5118 – View Map
- Professional Choice Insurance
2151 Michelson Dr Suite 250 – Irvine, CA 92612 – (714) 467-8726 – View Map
- AIS | Auto Insurance Specialists | Irvine
16969 Von Karman Ave #100 – Irvine, CA 92606 – (949) 660-7061 – View Map
After receiving positive feedback to your questions and a low price estimate, most likely you have located an auto insurance agent that is a good match to provide insurance coverage.
Three reasons to not skimp on insurance
Despite the potentially high cost of Toyota Venza insurance, insurance is required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Toyota has a loan, most lenders will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Toyota for a lot more money and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance preserves your Toyota and your assets. It also can pay for medical bills that are the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. Today the average American driver overpays as much as $850 per year so it’s recommended you shop around at least once a year to save money.
Quote more and you will save more
Insureds who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as being labeled a high risk driver, policy non-renewal, poor customer service or even delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new company is not as hard as you think.
When searching for the cheapest Toyota Venza rate quotes, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are too many instances where an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Cost effective Toyota Venza insurance can be purchased from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Irvine agents, so you need to shop Irvine auto insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies do not offer online price quotes and usually these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
More detailed insurance information can be read by following these links:
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Corolla in Irvine? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Uber Drivers in Irvine? (FAQ)
- How Much are Irvine Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda Pilot in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Uninsured Drivers in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)