The best way to find better pricing on Cadillac ATS insurance in Irvine is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from different companies that sell auto insurance in California. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
Step 1: Read about how companies price auto insurance and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many rating factors that result in higher prices such as high-risk driving behaviors and poor credit rating can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Step 2: Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your current policy to determine if you can save on ATS insurance in Irvine. If you can save some money and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Tell your current company of your intention to cancel your existing policy and submit payment and a signed application to the new company. As soon as you have the new policy, store the certificate verifying coverage with your vehicle’s registration.
An important part of this process is to use similar coverage information on every price quote and and to get price quotes from as many carriers as you can. This ensures an accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
It’s a fact that car insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Drivers who do rate comparisons will presumably buy a different policy because there is a good probability of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A recent study showed that drivers who compared prices regularly saved approximately $860 a year as compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding discount rates on auto insurance is the reason you’re here, learning the best ways to shop for insurance can help make the process easier and more efficient.
Most larger insurance companies such as GEICO, State Farm and Progressive provide coverage price quotes from their websites. Obtaining pricing for Cadillac ATS insurance in Irvine is easy for anyone because you just enter the coverage amounts you desire as detailed in the form. After you complete the form, their rating system pulls your credit score and driving record and returns a price based on these and other factors. Being able to quote online for Cadillac ATS insurance in Irvine simplifies rate comparisons, and it’s also necessary to get many rate quotes in order to get the most affordable premium.
In order to get comparison pricing now, compare rates from the companies below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you input the coverage information exactly as shown on your declarations page. Doing this assures you’re receiving comparison quotes for exact coverage.
The following companies can provide price quotes in Irvine, CA. In order to find the cheapest auto insurance in Irvine, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Cadillac ATS in Irvine, paying for car insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability protection in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Cadillac, it’s most likely the lender will require you to buy insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Cadillac for a lot more money and require you to pay for it.
- Car insurance protects both your Cadillac ATS and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying car insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly for liability claims. The average driver in California overpays more than $825 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies every year to ensure rates are inline.
Irvine insurance discounts for a Cadillac ATS
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always publicize all available discounts very well, so the following is a list of a few of the more well known and the more hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Save over 55 – Mature drivers can possibly qualify for a slight reduction on a Irvine car insurance quote.
- College Student – Any of your kids living away from Irvine attending college without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
- Own a Home – Owning a house in Irvine can get you a discount due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Vehicles that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are much safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than less cautious drivers.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying insurance for primary and secondary vehicles on the same insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Even though the math looks like you could get a free insurance policy, you aren’t that lucky.
Companies and some of the discounts include:
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-policy, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, good student, and online signing.
- GEICO includes discounts for federal employee, daytime running lights, driver training, anti-lock brakes, and emergency military deployment.
- State Farm offers discounts for safe vehicle, anti-theft, good driver, passive restraint, multiple autos, driver’s education, and multiple policy.
- Esurance may have discounts that include multi-car, paid-in-full, safety device, anti-lock brakes, renters, emergency road assistance, and Switch & Save.
- The Hartford may include discounts for good student, driver training, defensive driver, air bag, bundle, and vehicle fuel type.
When quoting, ask all the companies how you can save money. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply in Irvine. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Irvine, click this link.
Compare rates but still have a local neighborhood Irvine car insurance agent
Certain consumers would prefer to talk to a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Good insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get lower premium rates but also keep your business local. Buying insurance from neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in Irvine.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, the quote information is transmitted to insurance agents in Irvine that can provide free Irvine car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific insurance provider, you can always go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
When narrowing the list to find a reliable insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agents and how they can write your policy. Insurance agents are classified as either exclusive or independent. Either type can provide insurance policies, but it’s worth learning the difference in the companies they write for since it may influence buying decisions.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent do not work for one specific company and that gives them the ability to insure with an assortment of companies and find you the best rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they can switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part.
When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you get some free quotes from several independent insurance agents in order to have the best price comparison.
The following is a small list of independent insurance agents in Irvine that may be able to give comparison quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company’s rates like Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. They receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in Irvine willing to provide price quote information.
Picking a insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Any agent in Irvine should be willing to answer these questions.
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- How long has the business existed?
- How often do they review coverages?
Best auto insurance in Irvine
Insuring your vehicle with a highly-rated car insurance provider can be challenging considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Irvine. The company rank data below may help you analyze which auto insurance companies you want to consider when looking for cheaper rates.
Top 10 Irvine Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA of Southern California – 92%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- Nationwide – 90%
- State Farm – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
You may need specialized car insurance coverage
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage, there is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is unique so this has to be addressed.
For example, these questions may help highlight whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Auto insurance policy coverages for a Cadillac ATS
Knowing the specifics of your auto insurance policy can help you determine which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. These are the normal coverages found on most auto insurance policies.
Liability insurance will cover damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people in an accident. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see policy limits of 15/30/5 that means you have $15,000 bodily injury coverage, $30,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $5,000. Alternatively, you may have one number which is a combined single limit that pays claims from the same limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability insurance covers claims such as emergency aid, attorney fees and pain and suffering. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but consider buying as much as you can afford. California requires drivers to carry at least 15/30/5 but drivers should carry higher limits.
The next chart shows why buying low liability limits may not be enough coverage.
This will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as falling objects, damage from getting keyed and rock chips in glass. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Medical expense coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for expenses for things like prosthetic devices, nursing services and funeral costs. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Cadillac ATS.
Since many California drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (which is 15/30/5), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Most of the time these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Auto collision coverage
Collision insurance pays for damage to your ATS resulting from a collision with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims like colliding with a tree, crashing into a ditch, sideswiping another vehicle, colliding with another moving vehicle and scraping a guard rail. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. It’s also possible to raise the deductible on your ATS to bring the cost down.
Cover all your bases
We just presented some good ideas how you can compare Cadillac ATS insurance premium rates in Irvine. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get prices for, the higher your chance of finding affordable Cadillac ATS insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest premium rates come from a lesser-known regional company. Smaller companies may only write in your state and offer lower prices compared to the large companies like Progressive and GEICO.
When you buy Irvine car insurance online, it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price and still be able to protect your assets.
For more information, link through to the resources below:
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- How Much are Irvine Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Veterans in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Irvine Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 21? (FAQ)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)