Has it been over a year since you last compared quotes for cheaper auto insurance rates in Irvine, CA? Irvine drivers have options when trying to find low-cost Ford Fusion Energi insurance. They can either spend hours calling around to get rate comparisons or leverage the internet to compare rates.
There are more efficient ways to buy auto insurance and you need to know the proper way to quote coverages on a Ford and get the lowest price from both online companies and Irvine agents.
If you’re already insured or just want to reduce your rates, you will benefit by learning to buy cheaper insurance and still get good coverage. The purpose of this post is to teach you a little about how to compare rates easily. You just need to use the most time-saving way to buy insurance on the web.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Irvine, CA. To locate cheap auto insurance in California, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Get discounts on Irvine insurance
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there’s a good chance there are discounts to cut the cost considerably. Many discounts should be triggered when you complete an application, but occasionally some discounts must be asked about before being credited.
- Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles may enable drivers to earn lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Insurance carriers who offer life insurance give a break if you buy a life policy as well.
- No Charge for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident without the usual rate increase if you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay less in comparison with accident-prone drivers.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory options such as air bags may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more than drivers with accidents.
Please keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
A list of companies and a selection of discounts are included below.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online quote discount, online signing, multi-policy, homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- SAFECO offers discounts including safe driver, accident prevention training, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, and drive less.
- American Family includes discounts for bundled insurance, early bird, Steer into Savings, mySafetyValet, and accident-free.
- MetLife may include discounts for defensive driver, claim-free, good student, good driver, and accident-free.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, multi-policy, military active duty, good student, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, and defensive driver.
- The Hartford has savings for bundle, defensive driver, driver training, vehicle fuel type, good student, anti-theft, and air bag.
When getting free Irvine auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every prospective company to give you their best rates. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policyholders in Irvine. To locate insurance companies who offer insurance discounts in California, click here.
Insurance quotes from local Irvine insurance agents
Many drivers would rather get advice from a local agent and that is just fine! Most agents will help you protect your assets and help file insurance claims. A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you may find the best rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying insurance from small agencies is important especially in Irvine.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information is transmitted to insurance agents in Irvine who will return price quotes for your business. There is no need to find an agent on your own since rate quotes are delivered to your email. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, just visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Independent or Exclusive: It’s your choice
If you prefer to buy insurance from a reliable agent, you need to know there are two different agency structures and how they can quote your rates. Insurance agencies are classified as either independent or exclusive. Both sell affordable insurance policies, but it’s worth learning the difference in the companies they write for since it may influence your selection of an agent.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents do not write with just one company and that gives them the ability to insure with lots of companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a lower price, the agent simply finds a different carrier which makes it simple for you. When shopping rates, you will want to include price quotes from several independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. They also have the ability to place coverage with small mutual carriers that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agents in Irvine that can possibly get you price quote information.
- KCAL Insurance Agency (Irvine)
14795 Jeffrey Rd – Irvine, CA 92618 – (949) 786-6888 – View Map
- Professional Choice Insurance
2151 Michelson Dr Suite 250 – Irvine, CA 92612 – (714) 467-8726 – View Map
- Wozencraft Insurance Agency
17321 Irvine Blvd #201 – Tustin, CA 92780 – (714) 263-2626 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are contracted to one company and some examples include AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. They generally cannot shop your coverage around so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They are well schooled in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Drivers often buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the brand legacy and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below are Irvine exclusive insurance agencies willing to provide comparison quotes.
- State Farm: Richard Tay
14210 Culver Dr A – Irvine, CA 92604 – (949) 559-8866 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: James Lohse
4850 Barranca Pkwy #202 – Irvine, CA 92604 – (949) 559-0175 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Charmaine Lim
20 Pacifica #1450 – Irvine, CA 92618 – (949) 387-9999 – View Map
Choosing an insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in California?
Once you have received positive responses to all your questions as well as a affordable price, most likely you have located an insurance agency that is reputable and can provide insurance coverage.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same auto insurance coverage
When it comes to buying your policy for your personal vehicles, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Every situation is different so your insurance needs to address that.
These are some specific questions might help in determining if you may require specific advice.
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- When should I drop full coverage on my Ford Fusion Energi?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in California?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Get Ford Fusion Energi Insurance More Affordably
Many different elements are used when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, but some are less apparent such as your marital status and annual miles driven. Part of the insurance buying process is learning a few of the rating criteria that help calculate your insurance rates. When you understand what determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with better insurance rates.
- High deductibles equal low rates – Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles define the amount you are required to spend out-of-pocket if the claim is covered. Physical damage protection, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be colliding with a stationary object, fire damage, and damage caused by road hazards. The larger the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the less your insurance will be.
- Your job can affect rates – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for insurance? Careers like doctors, air traffic controllers, and medical professionals have the highest rates attributed to intense work-related stress and lengthy work days. On the other hand, jobs such as scientists, students and performers pay the least.
- Choose high IIHS safety ratings and save – Safer cars tend to have lower insurance rates. Safe vehicles result in less severe injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and cheaper rates on your policy. If the Ford Fusion Energi is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Responsible drivers pay better costs – A bad driving record impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Even one speeding ticket could increase your next policy renewal twenty percent or more. Good drivers get better prices compared to bad drivers. Drivers who get careless citations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may be required to submit a SR-22 form to the state department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- High performance vehicles cost more to insure – The make and model of the vehicle you need insurance for makes a big difference in your auto insurance rates. The cheapest insurance rates are usually for economy passenger models, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- File insurance claims and pay more – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can look forward to much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Car insurance companies in California provide the best rates to people that do not abuse their auto insurance. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of claims that pose a financial burden.
- Insurance lapses raise rates – Going without insurance can be a quick way to increase your rates. And not only will your rates increase, being ticketed for driving with no insurance can result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You may need to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the California motor vehicle department.
- Bundle policies and save – Many insurance companies allow a discount to customers that buy multiple policies. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to ten or even fifteen percent. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s always a smart idea to compare other company rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. You may still save even more by insuring with multiple companies.
Protect more than your Ford Fusion Energi
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Ford in Irvine, maintaining insurance is required in California but it also protects you in many ways.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Ford Fusion Energi with a loan, more than likely the lender will require that you have physical damage coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your Ford at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance preserves not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If your Ford gets damaged, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying over $830 a year so it’s important to compare rates once a year at a minimum to save money.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
As you restructure your insurance plan, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced full coverage only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
We just covered many ideas to shop for Ford Fusion Energi insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from the smaller companies. Regional companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
How to find affordable Ford Fusion Energi insurance in Irvine
Truthfully, the best way to get discount Ford Fusion Energi insurance in Irvine is to regularly compare price quotes from insurance carriers who sell insurance in California.
- Take a few minutes and learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that cause high rates such as speeding and poor credit rating can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rates to your existing policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new carrier. Once the paperwork is finalized, place your new certificate of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
A key point to remember is that you use the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to compare as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Additional information is located on the following sites:
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Silverado in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Irvine Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Irvine Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 21? (FAQ)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)