It’s a known fact that insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Insureds who shop for lower prices are likely to switch to a new company because they have good chances of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent study showed that drivers who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved as much as $3,500 over four years compared to policyholders who never shopped around.
If finding low prices for Chevy Bolt insurance in Irvine is your ultimate goal, then having an understanding of the best way to compare insurance can save time and make the process easier.
It takes a little time, but the best way to find low-cost prices for Chevy Bolt insurance is to compare quotes once a year from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in Irvine.
Step 1: Try to understand how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can change to lower rates. Many things that are responsible for high rates like accidents, careless driving, and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Continue reading for more details to help prevent high rates and get discounts that may be overlooked.
Step 2: Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide prices for many different companies. View prices
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates and determine if cheaper Bolt coverage is available in Irvine. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
A crucial key to this process is to make sure you enter the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get rate quotes from every insurance company. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and plenty of rates choose from.
The majority of larger companies such as Progressive, Allstate and GEICO make it easy to get prices for coverage on the web. This process doesn’t take much effort as all you need to do is type in the coverages you want as detailed in the form. After you complete the form, the quote system will obtain information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price quote based on these factors. This simplifies rate comparisons, and it is imperative to do this if you want to find a lower rate.
To compare rates using this form now, check out the auto insurance providers below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you input the insurance coverages identical to your current policy. This way, you will have comparison quotes based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Irvine, CA. To locate the cheapest car insurance in Irvine, CA, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Insuring your Chevy vehicle just makes sense
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Chevy in Irvine, paying for insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Bolt, most lenders will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Chevy at an extremely high rate and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance preserves not only your car but also your assets. It will also cover medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly for liability claims. Today the average American driver is wasting up to $800 each year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at least once a year to save money.
Learn How to Buy Auto Insurance at a Discount
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that help determine your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find lower auto insurance prices.
The items below are some of the major factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rate level.
- Prevent your car from being stolen – Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Advanced theft deterrents such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all hinder auto theft.
- Marriage can save on auto insurance – Having a spouse may earn you lower rates on your auto insurance policy. It demonstrates that you tend to be more mature and responsible it has been statistically shown that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Additional coverages that may be costing you – Policies have add-on coverages that you can buy if you don’t pay attention. Things like replacement cost coverage, towing coverage, and term life insurance are some examples. You may think they are a good idea when buying your policy, but your needs may have changed so think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Careless drivers pay higher premiums – Having just one ticket can bump up the cost to the point where it’s not affordable. Attentive drivers get better rates compared to bad drivers. Drivers who have gotten serious tickets such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions might be required by their state to file a SR-22 with their state in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Rates may be higher where you live – Choosing to live in a small town is a positive aspect when shopping for auto insurance. Lower population means fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Residents of big cities regularly have congested traffic and more severe claims. Longer commute distances means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Battle of the sexes – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. It does not mean men are worse drivers. They both have fender benders in similar numbers, but males get into accidents with more damage. Men also have more aggressive citations like driving under the influence (DUI). Males from age 16 to 21 generally have the highest accident percentage and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- No auto insurance claims equals better premiums – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can look forward to either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Companies in California provide the lowest premiums to insureds who do not file claims often. Your car insurance is intended for the large, substantial claims.
- Miles impacts premiums – Driving a lot of miles each year the more you’ll pay to insure it. A lot of insurance companies apply a rate based upon how much you drive. Autos left parked in the garage qualify for better rates than cars that get driven a lot. It’s always a good idea to double check that your auto insurance policy states the right rating data. An incorrectly rated Bolt may be wasting your money.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Don’t give up on affordable premiums
Consumers change insurance companies for many reasons like being labeled a high risk driver, extreme rates for teen drivers, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or even high rates after DUI convictions. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching car insurance companies is not as hard as you think.
Cost effective Chevy Bolt insurance is attainable online in addition to local insurance agencies, so get free Irvine auto insurance quotes from both of them to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies may not have online quoting and many times these small insurance companies work with local independent agencies.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Even more information can be read by following these links:
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Felons in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Irvine Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Corolla in Irvine? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Teenagers in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Irvine Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 70? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Female in Irvine? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)