How long has it been since you sat down and looked for low-cost Jeep Cherokee insurance in Irvine? Did a good deal turn into an under-performing, overpriced insurance policy? Trust us when we tell you many Irvine drivers have buyer’s remorse.
It’s a known fact that car insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Consumers who compare rates once a year are very likely to buy a new policy because they stand a good chance of finding a lower-cost company. A survey found that drivers who did price comparisons regularly saved over $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the most affordable insurance is the reason you’re reading this, knowing the best ways to find and compare coverage rates can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
How to buy discount Jeep Cherokee insurance in Irvine
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to save on Jeep Cherokee insurance is to do an annual price comparison from insurers who provide car insurance in Irvine.
- Step 1: Take a little time to learn about what is in your policy and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates such as careless driving and an unacceptable credit score can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies. Select a company
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if you can save on Cherokee insurance in Irvine. If you can save some money and decide to switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit a completed application and payment for your new coverage. As soon as you have the new policy, put the new proof of insurance paperwork in an accessible location in your vehicle.
An important bit of advice to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same deductibles and limits on each quote and and to compare as many car insurance companies as possible. This ensures an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Numerous auto insurance companies battle for your business, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurers to find the absolute best rates possible on Jeep Cherokee insurance in Irvine.
Smart Choices Result in Lower Insurance Rates
Multiple criteria are considered when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, but some are not quite as obvious like where you live or how financially stable you are.
- Never let your auto insurance policy expire – Allowing your coverage to lapse is a guaranteed way to drive up your policy premiums. And not only will insurance be more expensive, getting caught without coverage may earn you a license revocation or jail time.
- Don’t cut corners with liability insurance – Liability coverage kicks in in the event that you are found to be at fault for an accident. Liability provides legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is quite affordable as compared to coverage for physical damage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Credit score impact auto insurance premiums – Having a bad credit rating will be a significant factor in determining premium rates. If your credit rating is lower than you’d like, you could save money insuring your Jeep Cherokee if you clean up your credit. Insureds that have very high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with worse credit.
- Having a spouse is a good thing – Your spouse actually saves money when shopping for auto insurance. It means you’re more financially stable and insurance companies like that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Jeep Cherokee claim statistics – Insurers study historical loss data when they calculate premium costs for each model. Vehicles that tend to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have increased rates. The table below demonstrates the actual insurance loss data for Jeep Cherokee vehicles.
For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, equals 100. Values that are 100 or less suggest a positive loss record, while percentages above 100 point to more claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Jeep Cherokee Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Jeep Cherokee 4dr 2WD 76 105 77 87 90 109 Jeep Cherokee 4dr 4WD 78 115 82 75 79 103BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Best auto insurance company in California
Finding a high-quality auto insurance provider can be challenging considering how many companies provide coverage in Irvine. The ranking information in the next section may help you choose which companies you want to consider putting your business with.
Top 10 Irvine Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
Top 10 Irvine Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
Find cheap rates by comparing often
When trying to cut insurance costs, make sure you don’t reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced full coverage to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your objective should be to buy enough coverage at the best cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Cheap Jeep Cherokee insurance in Irvine can be found from both online companies and with local Irvine insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies may not offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent agents.
How to find better rates for Jeep Cherokee insurance in Irvine
Truthfully, the best way to get the cheapest auto insurance rates in Irvine is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from different companies who provide car insurance in California. This can be done by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of how companies price auto insurance and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates like at-fault accidents and a lousy credit rating can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple insurance companies. Select a company
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money and switch companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit payment and a signed application for the new policy. Immediately safely store the certificate of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
The key aspect of shopping around is that you use identical coverages on every price quote and and to compare as many different companies as possible. This enables a fair price comparison and maximum price selection.
More detailed auto insurance information can be found at these sites:
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 25 in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Irvine Auto Insurance for a Toyota Tundra? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Welfare Recipients in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Irvine Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Irvine Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 70? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Lyft Drivers in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)