Would you like to stop wasting money and find the cheapest auto insurance rates in Irvine, CA? Irvine drivers have options when trying to find the lowest priced Acura ILX insurance. They can either waste time calling around to compare prices or leverage the internet to get rate quotes.
There is a better way to shop for auto insurance and you need to know the proper way to get price quotes for a Acura and get the best price possible from Irvine insurance agents and online providers.
If you have coverage now or just want cheaper coverage, follow these tips to buy cheaper auto insurance without sacrificing coverage. These techniques will let you in on the most effective ways to compare rates and how to save the most money. You just have to learn the best way to compare different rates instantly.
How to Lower Your Insurance Costs
Many different elements are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, but others are more transparent like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is. The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at the rating factors that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for insurance. If you understand what determines premiums, this enables informed choices that can help you get lower premium levels.
Shown below are most of the major factors companies use to determine your prices.
- Gender and auto insurance costs – Statistics demonstrate women are more cautious behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are better drivers. Females and males get in fender benders in similar numbers, but the men have accidents that have higher claims. Men also statistically have more aggressive citations like driving under the influence (DUI). Young men ages 16 to 20 are most likely to cause an accident and therefore pay the highest rates.
- Influences performance influences auto insurance prices – The make and model of the car, truck or SUV you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a substantial difference in the rate you pay. Small economy passenger cars usually have the lowest premiums, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- Drive fewer miles and save – Driving a lot of miles in a year’s time the higher your rates will be. Many insurance companies apply a rate determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars used primarily for pleasure use cost less to insure than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Double check that your insurance policy is rated on the right rating data, because it can save money. An improperly rated ILX is just wasting money.
- Liability coverage – The liability coverage on your policy kicks in if you are determined to be liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. It provides you with a defense in court which can cost a lot. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Acura ILX insurance loss data – Insurers factor in historical loss data when they set coverage costs for each model. Models that historically have higher losses will cost more for coverage.
The table below illustrates the historical loss data for Acura ILX vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles compiled together is represented as 100. Values that are below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while numbers above 100 show a trend for more claims or tendency to have larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Acura ILX Vehicles Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Acura ILX 96 94 83 112 111 97BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Compare Irvine Acura ILX insurance rate quotes online
Most of the larger companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm allow consumers to get pricing online. Comparing Acura ILX insurance rates online is fairly simple as you just enter your coverage information into the form. When complete, their quoting system pulls your driving record and credit report and generates a price based on the information you submitted.
This makes comparing rates easy, and it’s absolutely necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you are searching for cheap prices.
To find out how much you can save on insurance, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you copy your coverages as shown on your current policy. This makes sure you will get a rate comparison for the exact same coverage.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Irvine, CA. If you wish to find the best car insurance in California, it’s a good idea that you get rates from several of them to get the most affordable price.
Three good reasons to insure your ILX
Despite the potentially high cost of Acura ILX insurance, auto insurance is required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, it’s most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Acura for a lot more money and force you to pay for it.
- Auto insurance preserves your car and your assets. Insurance will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your ILX definitely exceed the cost, particularly for liability claims. But the average driver in California is wasting up to $820 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Get discounts on Irvine auto insurance
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you may qualify for discounts to cut the cost considerably. Most are applied when you get a quote, but some discounts are required to be inquired about in order for you to get them. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you are throwing money away.
- No Accidents – Irvine drivers who stay claim-free can save substantially in comparison to frequent claim filers.
- Sign Early and Save – Some insurance companies provide a discount for buying a policy before your current expiration date. It can save you around 10%.
- Onboard Data Collection – Insureds that choose to allow companies to look at driving manner by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system may get a rate reduction if they have good driving habits.
- Military Discounts – Having an actively deployed family member could qualify you for better premium rates.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Federal government employees could cut as much as 10% off with a few auto insurance companies.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and will save you 10% or more on ILX insurance in Irvine.
- ABS Brakes – Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Distant Student – Older children who are attending college without a vehicle on campus could qualify for this discount.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Even though the math looks like you can get free auto insurance, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A partial list of companies that may include most of the discounts above possibly include:
If you want the cheapest Acura ILX rate quotes, ask each company how many discounts you can get. Some discounts may not apply to policies in every state. To see providers with discount auto insurance rates in Irvine, click here to view.
Neighborhood Irvine auto insurance agents
Some people would rather visit with an insurance agent and that is a smart decision Licensed agents are highly skilled in risk management and help submit paperwork. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can find the lowest rates and still have a local agent. Buying from and supporting small agencies is important especially in Irvine.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Irvine who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent instantly to you. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you can always visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Listed below is a short list of car insurance companies in Irvine that can give you comparison quotes for Acura ILX insurance in Irvine.
- Sentry Insurance – Irvine
16815 Von Karman Ave #200 – Irvine, CA 92606 – (949) 930-6100 – View Map
- Professional Choice Insurance
2151 Michelson Dr Suite 250 – Irvine, CA 92612 – (714) 467-8726 – View Map
- Sharon Leung – State Farm Insurance Agent
18004 Sky Park Cir #250 – Irvine, CA 92614 – (949) 252-0900 – View Map
- Peter Green Insurance Agency LLC
3151 Airway Ave Suite F203 – Costa Mesa, CA 92626 – (714) 258-2800 – View Map
Deciding on an company shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. These are valid questions to ask:
- How long has their agency been in business in Irvine?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Does their agency support local causes in Irvine?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
Once you have acceptable answers to any questions you have and an acceptable price quote, you have narrowed it down to an provider that is a good match to properly insure your vehicles.
Best car insurance company in California
Picking a high-quality auto insurance company is difficult considering how many different companies insure vehicles in California. The rank data listed below could help you select which car insurance companies you want to consider when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Irvine Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA of Southern California – 92%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- Nationwide – 90%
- State Farm – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
Top 10 Irvine Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
Insurance agents can help
When quoting and choosing coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- What is PIP insurance?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Cheap insurance premiums are possible
There are still a few companies who may not offer price quotes online and most of the time these smaller providers only sell through independent insurance agents. Lower-priced insurance in Irvine can be found online in addition to many Irvine insurance agents, so you need to compare both to have the best rate selection.
When getting Irvine car insurance quotes online, it’s very important that you do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to find out they didn’t have enough coverage. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost.
In this article, we covered some good ideas how you can get a better price on Acura ILX insurance in Irvine. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Irvine car insurance quotes. You may even find the most savings is with the smaller companies.
Steps to finding the cheapest rates for Acura ILX insurance in Irvine
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to save money on Acura ILX insurance in Irvine is to compare quotes annually from companies who can sell car insurance in California. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
- Step 1: Learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the changes you can make to keep rates low. Many factors that cause rate increases like accidents, careless driving, and a bad credit rating can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a completed application and payment for the new policy. Once coverage is bound, keep the new proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
A valuable tip to remember is that you use similar deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get rates from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
More tips and info about insurance can be found in the articles below:
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Infrequent Drivers in Irvine? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Corolla in Irvine? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Irvine? (FAQ)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)