If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find lower priced auto insurance rates in Irvine is to regularly compare price quotes from providers in California.
Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many factors that cause rate increases such as accidents, traffic tickets, and a poor credit score can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details.
Step 2: Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote prices for many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to determine if you can save on Escape insurance. If you can save money, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
One thing to point out is to make sure you enter the same coverage limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to analyze as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this ensures a level playing field and many rates to choose from.
It’s easy to assume that car insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Insureds who shop around for cheaper price quotes will, in all likelihood, buy a different policy because there is a significant possibility of finding a lower-priced policy. Remarkably, a study showed that consumers who regularly compared rates saved as much as $3,400 over four years compared to other drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the most affordable insurance in Irvine is your objective, knowing how to find and compare coverages can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
Most companies like Allstate and Progressive make it easy to get pricing online. Obtaining pricing for Ford Escape insurance in Irvine is quite simple as you simply type in your coverage information on the page. After you complete the form, their rating system sends out for credit information and your driving record and generates pricing information based on these factors. The ability to get online rate quotes for Ford Escape insurance in Irvine makes comparing rates easy, and it’s necessary to get many rate quotes if you want to find lower-cost auto insurance pricing.
To compare pricing, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you type in the insurance coverages as close as possible to your current policy. This helps ensure you will be getting a fair comparison for exact coverage.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Irvine, CA. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Get cheap rates on Ford Escape insurance in Irvine with these discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always list the entire discount list in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of both the well known as well as some of the hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Irvine auto insurance online.
- Distant Student – Older children living away from Irvine attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Military Discounts – Being on active deployment in the military may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Accident Free – Claim-free drivers pay much less as opposed to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Driver Education Discount – Teen drivers should enroll in driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Auto/Life Discount – Auto insurance companies who offer life insurance give a lower price if you buy a life policy as well.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car model is cheaper because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- E-sign Discounts – Some of the larger companies will give a small break for buying your policy on the web.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But all discounts will help lower the cost of your policy.
The example below illustrates the difference between Ford Escape annual premium costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The premiums assume a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, marriage, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-car, and claim-free discounts applied.
A few of the larger companies and a selection of discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm has savings for anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, good driver, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including youthful driver, bundle discounts, good student, pay in full, teen driver, and early shopping.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including air bags, federal employee, defensive driver, membership and employees, seat belt use, and five-year accident-free.
- American Family may include discounts for early bird, multi-vehicle, mySafetyValet, bundled insurance, accident-free, defensive driver, and good driver.
- Nationwide may have discounts that include family plan, easy pay, anti-theft, Farm Bureau membership, good student, and defensive driving.
- Progressive discounts include online quote discount, multi-vehicle, homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and online signing.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every prospective company the best way to save money. Savings might not be offered in Irvine.
The data table displayed next showcases a range of prices for Ford Escape models. Understanding how car insurance prices are calculated is important for making smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Escape XLS 2WD||$256||$464||$424||$26||$128||$1,298||$108|
|Escape XLS 4WD||$256||$464||$424||$26||$128||$1,298||$108|
|Escape XLT 2WD||$256||$464||$424||$26||$128||$1,298||$108|
|Escape Limited 2WD||$294||$464||$424||$26||$128||$1,336||$111|
|Escape XLT 4WD||$294||$464||$424||$26||$128||$1,336||$111|
|Escape Limited 4WD||$294||$564||$424||$26||$128||$1,436||$120|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Information does not factor in specific zip code location which can lower or raise auto insurance rates greatly.
The diagram below demonstrates how deductibles and can affect Ford Escape insurance rates for different age groups of insureds. The premiums are based on a married female driver, full coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Difference between full coverage and liability only rates
The chart below compares Ford Escape auto insurance costs with full coverage and liability only. The price estimates are based on a clean driving record, no claims, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no specific rule that works best for making the decision to drop comp and collision coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Ford Escape replacement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $7,000 after paying your policy deductible. If premium cost is more than $700 a year for physical damage coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some scenarios where dropping full coverage is not a good idea. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Insurance agents can give valuable advice
Many drivers prefer to buy from a local agent and that can be a smart move The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to. And supporting neighborhood agents is definitely important in Irvine.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, the coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Irvine who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to contact an agency since price quotes are sent to your email. You can find the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. In the event you want to compare prices from one company in particular, just jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you need to find a local agent, you must know there are a couple types of agencies and how they function. Irvine agents are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents are not employed by one company and that gives them the ability to insure through lots of different companies and get the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to do anything. When comparing auto insurance prices, we recommend you include rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the best comparison.
The following is a small list of independent agencies in Irvine that may be able to give you free auto insurance rate quotes.
Sentry Insurance – Irvine
16815 Von Karman Ave #200 – Irvine, CA 92606 – (949) 930-6100 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only provide one company’s prices and examples are State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. These agents are usually well trained on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
The following are Irvine exclusive agents that are able to give rate quotes.
Mike Stitt – State Farm Insurance Agent
17452 Irvine Blvd #208 – Tustin, CA 92780 – (714) 544-4717 – View Map
Choosing the best insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- When do they do policy reviews?
- If they are an independent agency in Irvine, which companies do they recommend?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- What companies can they write with?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
If you feel you receive good feedback to these questions and a good coverage price, most likely you have located a car insurance agent that is reliable enough to provide auto insurance coverage.
Which is the best car insurance?
When choosing proper insurance coverage, there really isn’t a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone’s needs are different and your car insurance should be unique as well.
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- How much liability coverage do I need in California?
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Irvine?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
How You Can Control Ford Escape Insurance Costs
Many different elements are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, but other criteria are less apparent like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility. The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at the different types of things that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that may result in big savings.
- Premiums can be impacted by your employer – Occupations like military generals, executives, and emergency personnel generally have higher premium rates because of intense work-related stress and extremely grueling work hours. On the other hand, occupations such as actors, engineers and retirees receive lower rates.
- Vehicle options impact rates – Purchasing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention devices like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all aid in stopping vehicle theft.
Gender matters – Over the last 30 years, statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. It does not mean women are better drivers. They both are responsible for auto accidents in similar percentages, but the male of the species tend to have more serious accidents. Men also statistically get ticketed for serious violations like reckless driving and DUI. Youthful male drivers are most likely to cause an accident and are penalized with high auto insurance rates.
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Ford Escape car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no violations or accidents, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are factored in.
- Incidental coverages you don’t use – There are many add-on coverages you can purchase if you don’t pay attention. Insurance for rental car coverage, towing, and membership fees are some examples. They may seem like a good idea when discussing your needs, but if you don’t need them remove them from your policy.
Teen drivers pay high rates – Youthful drivers in California have been known to be inattentive when at the wheel of a vehicle therefore auto insurance rates are much higher. Older drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are generally more financially stable.
The following chart uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Credit rating impacts rates – An insured’s credit history factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. Insureds that have excellent credit scores tend to be more responsible as compared to drivers with poor credit scores. If your credit leaves room for improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Ford Escape if you clean up your credit.
- Be proud to be claim-free – If you file claims often, you should expect increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Car insurance companies in California provide cheaper rates to policyholders who file claims infrequently. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
- Rate your vehicle for proper use – Driving more miles each year the more you’ll pay to insure it. The majority of insurers calculate prices partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that do not get driven very much cost less to insure than those used for commuting. An improperly rated Escape can result in significantly higher rates. It’s a smart idea to ensure your vehicle rating correctly shows the right rating data.
Loss statistics for a Ford Escape – Companies use claims history to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Vehicles that have increased losses will have a higher premium rate.
The table below shows the insurance loss data for Ford Escape vehicles. For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is a value of 100. Values under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while percentages above 100 point to more losses or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Ford Escape Vehicles Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford Escape 4dr 2WD 80 91 83 94 94 92 Ford Escape 4dr 4WD 81 84 94 85 90 77BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance protects more than just your car
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Irvine, buying car insurance is required by state law in California and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Escape, most lenders will require you to have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Ford at a significantly higher premium and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects both your assets and your Ford Escape. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you have damage to your Ford as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having car insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Today the average American driver overpays more than $825 a year so shop around each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Car insurance savings summarized
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don’t buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your objective should be to find the BEST coverage at the best price and still be able to protect your assets.
You just read a lot of techniques to reduce Ford Escape insurance rates online in Irvine. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting affordable Irvine auto insurance quotes. You may even find the best price on car insurance is with a lesser-known regional company. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower auto insurance rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
Other learning opportunities
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 25 in Irvine? (FAQ)
- How Much is Irvine Car Insurance for Teachers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Irvine Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Equinox? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Lyft Drivers in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)