Having to pay for expensive auto insurance in Irvine can take a big chunk out of your family’s budget and require stricter spending habits. Doing a price comparison can save money and help to make sure you’re not throwing money away.
It’s a fact that insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. People who shop around for cheaper rates are highly likely to move their business because of the high probability of finding better rates. A recent auto insurance study revealed that people who regularly compared rates saved on average $3,400 over four years compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If saving the most money on Saturn Astra insurance is your ultimate goal, then learning a little about how to get rate quotes and compare insurance can save time, money, and frustration.
Steps to finding low-cost Saturn Astra insurance in Irvine
The preferred way to get affordable Saturn Astra insurance in Irvine is to start comparing rates regularly from providers who sell insurance in California.
Step 1: Read and learn about the different coverages in a policy and the modifications you can make to keep rates low. Many things that result in higher prices like traffic tickets, fender benders, and a negative credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Step 2: Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies. Compare rates now
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
An important part of this process is to try to compare the same deductibles and limits on every quote and and to analyze as many different companies as possible. This ensures a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
Multiple auto insurance companies compete for your business, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurance companies and uncover the absolute best rate on Saturn Astra insurance in Irvine.
Saturn Astra insurance quotes comparison
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Irvine, CA. If you want the cheapest car insurance in Irvine, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Get cheaper Saturn Astra insurance in Irvine with discounts
Auto insurance is expensive, but there could be significant discounts that you may not know about. Certain credits will be shown when you get a quote, but some need to be asked for prior to getting the savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you are just wasting money.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking time to complete a defensive driver course could earn you a small percentage discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not necessarily a discount, but certain companies may permit one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Early Switch Discount – Some larger companies provide a discount for buying a policy prior to your current Astra insurance policy expiring. You could save around 10% when you buy Irvine auto insurance online.
- Telematics Data – Insureds who allow data collection to analyze driving habits by using a telematic data system such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system could save a few bucks as long as they are good drivers.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Maintaining low annual mileage could qualify for better auto insurance rates on cars that stay parked.
- Online Discount – A few larger companies will provide an incentive for signing up on the web.
- Military Discounts – Having a family member in the military could qualify you for better rates.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Auto insurance companies who offer life insurance give a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying auto insurance coverage on a new vehicle can save you some money because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags may get savings of 20% or more.
It’s important to note that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The best auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm includes discounts for defensive driving training, good driver, Drive Safe & Save, good student, safe vehicle, student away at school, and multiple autos.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include early shopping, electronic funds transfer, multi-car, distant student, and teen driver.
- GEICO has savings for military active duty, emergency military deployment, multi-policy, driver training, and multi-vehicle.
- American Family discounts include multi-vehicle, good student, early bird, TimeAway discount, bundled insurance, Steer into Savings, and air bags.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including family plan, defensive driving, Farm Bureau membership, anti-theft, and business or organization.
- Progressive offers discounts including online quote discount, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and homeowner.
Double check with all the companies which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policyholders in your state. To view insurers with the best discounts in Irvine, click here.
How Car Insurance Companies Determine Saturn Astra Insurance Prices
One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of the rating factors that go into determining your policy premiums. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that may reward you with better car insurance rates.
Save by driving less – Driving a lot of miles every year the higher your rate. The majority of insurers calculate rates based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars and trucks left parked in the garage can be on a lower rate level compared to those used for work or business. An incorrectly rated Astra can result in significantly higher rates. It’s a smart idea to ensure your car insurance declarations sheet states how each vehicle is driven.
Stay claim-free and lower premiums – If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Auto insurance companies in California provide lower rates to people who do not file claims often. Your insurance policy is designed for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Better premiums for continuous coverage – Driving with no insurance is against the law and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. Not only will you pay higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance can result in a license revocation or jail time.
Urban residents pay more – Residing in small towns and rural areas may provide you with better prices when it comes to car insurance. Drivers in populated areas have more road rage incidents and more time behind the wheel. Fewer people means fewer accidents in addition to fewer liability claims.
High performance equals high rates – The type of car, truck or SUV you drive makes a big difference in your car insurance bill. The lowest premiums are generally reserved for smaller low performance passenger cars, but your final cost has many other factors.
Higher comp and collision deductibles are cheaper – Physical damage insurance, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Examples of some claims that would be covered would be running into the backend of another car, hitting a deer, and windstorm damage. The deductibles you choose are how much you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The more money you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less your car insurance will be.
Independent or exclusive insurance agents
A lot of people still like to go talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. Agents are highly skilled in risk management and will help you if you have claims. A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find better rates and still choose a local agent.
After filling out this short form, your information is sent to local insurance agents that provide free Irvine auto insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You never need to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered to you. If you have a need to compare rates from a particular provider, you would need to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Choosing the best insurer requires more thought than just the quoted price. Before buying a policy in Irvine, get answers to these questions.
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a good Irvine insurance agent, you should know the different types of agencies that you can choose from. Irvine agents can be categorized as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either type can insure your vehicles, but it’s important to know the differences since it could factor into your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies normally can only provide a single company’s rates and some examples include Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so you might not find the best rates. These agents receive extensive training on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Irvine who can help you get rate quotes.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type are not limited to a single company so they have the ability to put coverage with multiple insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If prices rise, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to do anything. When comparing auto insurance prices, you need to include price quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to ensure the widest selection of prices.
The following is a short list of independent agents in Irvine willing to provide price quote information.
California Agency Insurance
17632 Irvine Blvd # 235 – Tustin, CA 92780 – (714) 731-8300 – View Map
Upon receiving acceptable answers to any questions you may have and an acceptable price quote, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agent that is reliable enough to provide auto insurance coverage. Keep in mind it’s your coverage and you can cancel your coverage whenever you want so don’t assume that you are obligated to a specific company for any length of time.
What is the best auto insurance company in California?
Selecting the top insurance company is difficult considering how many companies sell insurance in Irvine. The company ratings listed below may help you pick which insurers you want to consider buying from.
Top 10 Irvine Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
Insurance savings summarized
There are still a few companies who do not offer rate quotes online and usually these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agents. Budget-conscious Saturn Astra insurance can be purchased on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection.
When buying insurance coverage, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The aim is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
We’ve covered a lot of information how to find affordable Saturn Astra insurance in Irvine. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies. These companies may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Steps to saving on Saturn Astra insurance in Irvine
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get cheaper Saturn Astra insurance in Irvine is to regularly compare quotes from providers in California.
Step 1: Try to learn about the different coverages in a policy and the steps you can take to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices like traffic violations and an imperfect credit score can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Step 2: Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
Step 3: Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Irvine. If you find a better price and buy the policy, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Give notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current coverage and submit the required down payment along with the signed application for your new policy. As soon as coverage is bound, safely store the proof of insurance certificate with your vehicle’s registration.
The most important part of shopping around is that you use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get rate quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and a thorough price selection.
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 25 in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Irvine Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for High Mileage Drivers in Irvine? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Used Cars in Irvine? (FAQ)
- How Much are Irvine Car Insurance Quotes for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Toyota Camry in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Irvine Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 70? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Seniors in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Irvine Auto Insurance for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)