Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that most auto insurance buyers in California kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for at least the last four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. Drivers in America could save an average of about $860 each year, but they underestimate the amount of money they would save if they switched.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find more affordable Kia Soul EV insurance is to start comparing prices yearly from insurers who provide auto insurance in Irvine.
Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about what is in your policy and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that are responsible for high rates like your driving record and a less-than-favorable credit history can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Continue reading for the details to get cheaper coverage and get bigger discounts.
Step 2: Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices for a wide range of companies. Compare rates
Step 3: Compare the new rates to the price on your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel the current policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new agent or company. Be sure to place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
One thing to point out is to make sure you enter the same amount of coverage on every quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many carriers as you can. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Getting a low cost price on Kia Soul EV insurance is a great way to save money. You just need to take the time comparing rates online from several insurance companies.
The following companies have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Irvine, CA. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the most affordable price.
Why you need quality insurance for your Kia vehicle
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Irvine, insurance serves an important purpose.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, it’s guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your Kia at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance preserves both your assets and your vehicle. It will also pay for medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your car more than cancel out the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is wasting up to $750 every year so it’s important to compare rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Car insurance discounts help lower rates for Kia Soul EV insurance in Irvine
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always list every available discount very clearly, so the next list breaks down a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known discounts that you may qualify for.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you may earn up to 20% and get you the cheapest Kia Soul EV insurance in Irvine.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Accident-free drivers can save as much as half off their rates compared to accident prone drivers.
- Buy New and Save – Putting insurance coverage on a new Soul EV can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use a seat belt can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Save over 55 – Mature drivers may be able to get a discount up to 10%.
- Military Rewards – Being on active duty in the military can result in better car insurance rates.
Consumers should know that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Insurance companies that may have most of these discounts include:
If you are trying to find inexpensive Irvine auto insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you qualify for. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policyholders in Irvine. To view car insurance companies who offer cheap Kia Soul EV insurance quotes in California, click this link.
Buying auto insurance from Irvine insurance agencies
Certain consumers just prefer to visit with an insurance agent and we recommend doing that Good agents will help you protect your assets and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about comparing auto insurance online is you can get better rates but also keep your business local.
After completing this short form, your coverage information gets sent to companies in Irvine that provide free Irvine auto insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You never need to contact any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent to you directly. If you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing the best company shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. A good agent in Irvine will have answers to these questions.
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
Exclusive or Independent: There is a difference
If you need to find a local insurance agency, you need to know there are two different agency structures and how they can write your policy. Agents in Irvine can be described as either exclusive or independent. Both sell affordable auto insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know the difference between them because it can factor into the selection process.
Exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company and examples are AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers frequently use the same agent mostly because of the prominent brand name and solid financial strength.
Below are exclusive insurance agencies in Irvine that are able to give price quotes.
- Farmers Insurance: James Lohse
4850 Barranca Pkwy #202 – Irvine, CA 92604 – (949) 559-0175 – View Map
- State Farm: Jane Lee
30 Corporate Park – Irvine, CA 92606 – (949) 223-5020 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Jeff Adams
4860 Irvine Blvd Ste 206 – Irvine, CA 92620 – (714) 505-2457 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent can quote rates with many companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they quote lower rates, your agent can switch companies without you having to go to a different agency.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, we highly recommend that you get quotes from a few independent agents for the best price selection. Most also have access to smaller companies which can be an advantage.
The following are independent agencies in Irvine willing to provide price quote information.
- First American Property and Casualty Insurance Agency, Inc.
24 Executive Park Suite 250 – Irvine, CA 92614 – (888) 546-5118 – View Map
- Tustin Insurance Agency
17621 Irvine Blvd #112 – Tustin, CA 92780 – (714) 838-1704 – View Map
- Morning Star Agency Insurance Services Incorporated
1340 Reynolds Ave #103 – Irvine, CA 92614 – (949) 833-2030 – View Map
Insurance can get complicated
When it comes to buying insurance from an agent or online, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What does medical payments cover?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in California?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
If you can’t answer these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Learning about specific coverages of your policy aids in choosing the right coverages for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Coverage for collisions
Collision coverage pays for damage to your Soul EV resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as scraping a guard rail, colliding with a tree, sustaining damage from a pot hole and crashing into a building. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to increase the deductible on your Soul EV to save money on collision insurance.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for short-term medical expenses such as funeral costs, hospital visits, nursing services, X-ray expenses and doctor visits. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Coverage for liability
This protects you from damage that occurs to other people or property. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see policy limits of 15/30/5 which stand for $15,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $30,000, and a limit of $5,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for things such as loss of income, pain and suffering, bail bonds and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford. California requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but you should think about purchasing more liability than the minimum.
The next chart shows why buying minimum limits may not provide adequate coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Kia Soul EV.
Since many California drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (15/30/5 in California), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
This will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, a broken windshield, theft, hitting a bird and vandalism. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Affordable auto insurance is out there
As you shop your coverage around, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate.
We covered a lot of information how to compare Kia Soul EV insurance premium rates in Irvine. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Kia Soul EV rate quotes. You may even find the lowest premium rates come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Lower-priced auto insurance in Irvine can be purchased both online in addition to many Irvine insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies do not offer online rate quotes and these smaller providers work with independent agents.
Other learning opportunities
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- How Much are Irvine Car Insurance Quotes for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Active Military in Irvine? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Female in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Good Drivers in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)