It takes a little time, but the best way to get cheaper auto insurance rates is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurance carriers in Irvine.
- First, try to learn a little about how your policy works and the measures you can take to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that increase rates like traffic tickets, fender benders, and an imperfect credit score can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Second, request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple companies. Click to view companies
- Third, compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, notify your current company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a completed policy application and payment to the new company. Be sure to put the certificate verifying coverage along with your vehicle registration.
The key thing to know about shopping around is that you use the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to look at as many companies as feasibly possible. This helps ensure an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that the vast majority of drivers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for at least four years, and nearly the majority have never taken the time to shop around. Consumers in California could save up to $470 every year, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to shop around.
If you are already insured or just want cheaper rates, you can learn to find the best rates without sacrificing coverage. Finding affordable coverage in Irvine is much easier if you have a good place to start. Smart buyers just need to learn the most time-saving way to compare rate quotes from many different companies.
The easiest way to compare car insurance rates for Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Irvine is to know the trick auto insurance companies participate in a system to give rate comparisons. The one thing you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details like if it has an anti-theft system, driver details, if the vehicle is leased, and if a SR-22 is required. The data is then sent to insurance companies and they return quotes instantly.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and enter your zip code.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Irvine, CA. To locate cheap car insurance in Irvine, we suggest you get prices from several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Car insurance rates and discounts
Car insurance can be pricey, but companies offer discounts that you may not even know about. Many discounts should be triggered when you quote, but a few need to be asked for in order for you to get them. If they aren’t giving you every credit possible, you are just wasting money.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking part in a course that instructs on driving safety can save you 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government could qualify for a slight premium decrease but check with your company.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying in monthly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you combine your auto and homeowners policies and insure them both with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Life Insurance – Some car insurance companies give a small discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Irvine Homeowners Discount – Owning a house in Irvine can save you money because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it’s just not the way it works.
Companies that may offer most of these discounts include:
It’s a good idea to ask every insurance company how you can save money. Some discounts listed above may not be available in Irvine. To find providers that offer many of these discounts in California, follow this link.
Lower Insurance Rates with These Tips
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at some of the elements that help calculate the price you pay for auto insurance. When consumers understand what determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in big savings.
Buy as much liability as you can afford – Your auto insurance policy’s liability coverage kicks in if you are determined to be liable for damages from an accident. It provides for a legal defense to defend your case. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
How do annual miles impact prices? – The more miles you rack up on your Volkswagen in a year’s time the higher the price you pay to insure it. The majority of insurers calculate prices based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that are left in the garage qualify for better rates than those used for commuting. Verify your policy is showing annual mileage. Having the wrong rating on your Golf SportWagen is just wasting money.
Lower premiums with alarm systems – Purchasing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Advanced theft deterrents such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all hinder car theft and help bring rates down.
Married people drive safer – Getting married can actually save you money when shopping for auto insurance. Having a spouse is viewed as being more mature and responsible and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
When should I have guidance from an insurance agent?
A small number of people just prefer to have an agent’s advice. Licensed agents can answer important questions and help you file claims. An additional benefit of comparing insurance online is that you can obtain cheap insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent.
Upon completion of this quick form, your coverage information is submitted to companies in Irvine who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. If you wish to quote rates for a specific company, you just need to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing an provider needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Here are some questions you should ask.
- How often do they review coverages?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
The difference between Irvine auto insurance agents
When finding local Irvine agents, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures and how they operate. Irvine agents are either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both types of agents can write insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know the difference in how they write coverage because it may have an impact on which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies are trained well on what they offer and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in Irvine that can give you comparison quotes.
Mike Stitt – State Farm Insurance Agent
17452 Irvine Blvd #208 – Tustin, CA 92780 – (714) 544-4717 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent do not work for one specific company and that gives them the ability to insure with many different companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a lower price, your agent can just switch to a different company and you can keep the same agent.
If you need lower rates, we recommend you check rates from a couple of independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison.
Listed below are independent agencies in Irvine willing to provide rate quotes.
Upon receiving positive feedback as well as a price you’re happy with, most likely you have located an auto insurance agent that is professional and can properly service your insurance policy. Just remember you can terminate your policy whenever you want so never feel that you’re stuck with any particular company for any length of time.
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
For example, these questions can help discover if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- What is PIP insurance?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Compare but don’t skimp
Consumers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as high prices, extreme rates for teen drivers, delays in paying claims or denial of a claim. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding the right insurance provider can be easier than you think.
Some insurance companies do not provide rates over the internet and many times these regional carriers work with independent agents. Cheaper Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Irvine can be found online and from local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis.
We just showed you some good ideas how to lower your Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance rates in Irvine. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding affordable Irvine auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies.
For more information, link through to the following helpful articles:
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a GMC Sierra in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Handicapped Drivers in Irvine? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Nurses in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Income Drivers in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Irvine Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 21? (FAQ)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)