Sick and tired of robbing Peter to pay Paul to pay high auto insurance rates every month? Your situation is no different than most other drivers in California.
Smart shoppers know that car insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Drivers who shop around at least once a year are inclined to buy a different policy because of the high probability of finding a lower-priced policy. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that consumers who made a habit of comparing rates saved over $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the cheapest price on car insurance is your objective, then learning about how to shop and compare car insurance can save time and make the process easier.
How to find low-cost rates for Volvo V60 insurance in Irvine
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find cheaper Volvo V60 insurance is to regularly compare quotes from insurers who sell auto insurance in Irvine.
First, read and learn about car insurance and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a not-so-good credit rating can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Second, request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote prices for many different companies.
Third, compare the quotes to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, give notification to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to the new insurer. As soon as you can, put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to use the same amount of coverage on every quote and and to compare every insurance company. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
Many insurance companies vie for your insurance dollar, so it’s not easy to compare every company and get the definite cheapest price on Volvo V60 insurance in Irvine.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you will most likely be able to buy cheaper auto insurance using these techniques. Locating the best insurance company for you in Irvine is really quite simple as long as you have a good starting point. Nevertheless, California car owners do need to learn the way companies sell insurance online and use it to find better rates.
The quickest method we recommend to compare rate quotes for Volvo V60 insurance in Irvine is to realize all the major auto insurance companies participate in a system to compare rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is take a few minutes to give details such as whether you drive to work or school, deductibles desired, an estimate of your credit level, and if the car is leased. Your rating data is then submitted to multiple auto insurance providers and they provide comparison quotes quickly.
To compare lower-cost Volvo V60 insurance rates now, click here and complete the form.
The companies in the list below provide price quotes in Irvine, CA. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Why you need quality insurance for your Volvo V60
Despite the potentially high cost of Volvo V60 insurance, buying car insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
First, almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability protection in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your V60, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may insure your Volvo at a much higher rate and require you to fork over the higher premium.
Third, car insurance preserves both your car and your assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Volvo gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in California is overpaying over $825 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Components of Your Volvo V60 Insurance Premiums
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that play a part in calculating your premiums. If you have a feel for what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that may result in cheaper rates.
- High comp and collision deductibles equal low rates – Physical damage deductibles state the amount of money you are required to pay if a covered claim is submitted. Coverage for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Examples of some claims that would be covered are collision with another vehicle, hail damage, and damage caused by road hazards. The more damage repair cost the insured has to pay upfront, the less your auto insurance will be.
- Low credit rating equals high prices – Credit score can be a huge factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. Therefore, if your credit can be improved, you may save money insuring your Volvo V60 by improving your rating. People with high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have bad credit.
- Add-on coverages can cost a lot – There are quite a few extra coverages that sound like a good idea at the time on your V60 policy. Coverage for things like rental car coverage, death and dismemberment, and extra life insurance coverage may be wasting your money. You may think they are a good idea when discussing your needs, but your needs may have changed so remove them from your policy.
- Accidents cost more than a fine – Careful drivers get better prices compared to drivers with tickets. Even a single citation can increase rates to the point where it’s not affordable. People who have license-revoking violations like DUI or willful reckless driving are required to file a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
- You may save more by bundling policies – The majority of companies allow lower prices to buyers who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The discount can be ten percent or more. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s still a good idea to compare other company rates to help guarantee you have the best rates. It’s possible to still find better rates by buying insurance from more than one company.
Volvo V60 historical loss data – Car insurance companies factor in historical loss data when setting premium rates. Models that the data determines to have higher claim amounts or frequency will have higher rates. The next table shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for Volvo V60 vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles, as a total average, is equal to 100. Percentage numbers below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while percentage numbers above 100 point to more frequent losses or larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Volvo V60 Vehicles Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volvo V60 2WD 68 53 Volvo V60 4WD 136 75BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Lower-cost Irvine car insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise all their discounts very well, so the list below contains a few of the more common as well as the least known credits available to bring down your rates.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or retired federal employment may reduce rates when you quote Irvine car insurance with select insurance companies.
- Accident Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents have much lower rates in comparison with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- New Car Discount – Putting insurance on a new V60 can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Require your teen driver to complete a driver education course if it’s offered in school.
- Distant Student Discount – Any of your kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Irvine and leave their car at home may be insured at a cheaper rate.
Policy discounts save money, but most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it’s just not the way it works.
To choose companies who offer online Volvo V60 insurance quotes in California, click this link.
You may need help from an agent
Some consumers would prefer to talk to a local agent and that can be a smart move An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can find cheap rate quotes and also buy local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), the quote information is sent to local insurance agents in Irvine who can give free rate quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent to your email. You’ll get the best rates AND an agent nearby. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, just find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Choosing the best provider is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Who are their largest clients?
If you want an insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different agency structures and how they are slightly different. Car insurance policy providers can be described as either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents are contracted to one company like AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies are trained well on their company’s products which can be an advantage.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Irvine who may provide you with rate quotes.
Agents in the independent channel do not have single company limitations so they can quote policies with multiple insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If you want to switch companies, the agent simply finds a different carrier without you having to go to a different agency.
If you need cheaper car insurance rates, we highly recommend that you check rates from several independent insurance agents in order to compare the most rates.
Below is a list of independent agents in Irvine who can help you get comparison quotes.
Ratings for California auto insurance companies
Insuring your vehicle with a high-quality insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Irvine. The ranking data shown below may help you analyze which insurers to look at comparing rates with.
Top 10 Irvine Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA of Southern California – 92%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- Nationwide – 90%
- State Farm – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
Top 10 Irvine Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Smart consumers save more
We just covered a lot of ways to save on Volvo V60 insurance in Irvine. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Volvo V60 rate quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from the least-expected company. They may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.
When getting Irvine car insurance quotes online, never reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced liability coverage limits and learned later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The goal is to buy enough coverage at the best possible price while still protecting your assets.
Affordable Volvo V60 insurance in Irvine can be purchased on the web and with local Irvine insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies don’t offer online rate quotes and usually these small insurance companies only sell through local independent agents.
How to find better rates for Volvo V60 insurance in Irvine
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find cheaper prices for Volvo V60 insurance is to regularly compare prices from companies in Irvine.
Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that result in higher prices such as distracted driving and a bad credit rating can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote prices from many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save money, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One important bit of advice is to compare identical deductibles and limits on every quote and to quote with every insurance company. This provides a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
To learn more, take a look at the articles below:
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Real Estate Agents in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Irvine Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)