Locating low-cost insurance for a Lexus LX 570 in California can be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks to make it easier.
There are more efficient ways to shop for auto insurance so you’re going to learn the quickest way to compare rates for a new or used Lexus and obtain the best price possible from both online companies and Irvine agents.
It’s a fact that auto insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Consumers who shop around for cheaper price quotes are very likely to switch companies because the odds are good of finding coverage at a more affordable price. Remarkably, a study showed that consumers who make a habit of shopping around saved over $3,450 over four years as compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the lowest price for auto insurance in Irvine is your ultimate goal, understanding the best way to quote and compare coverages can help make the process easier.
It’s a good idea to quote other rates before your next renewal since insurance rates fluctuate regularly. Even if you got the best premium rates on Lexus LX 570 insurance in Irvine on your last policy you can probably find a lower rate today. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because we’re going to show you the fastest and easiest way to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
Smart Consumers Save Every Year
When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand the rating factors that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. If you understand what influences your rates, this enables informed choices that could help you find lower rates.
Listed below are some of the major factors companies use to determine your rates.
More performance means more cost – The performance level of the vehicle you need insurance for makes a substantial difference in determining your rates. The lowest performance passenger cars receive the most favorable rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
The chart below uses these variables: single male driver age 30, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It shows Lexus LX 570 policy rates compared to other models of vehicles that have a range of risk factors.
What’s your car’s crash test rating? – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to have lower insurance rates. The safest vehicles result in less severe injuries and any reduction in injury severity translates into savings for insurance companies and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Lexus LX 570 has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may pay a lower rate.
High credit rating translates to low prices – Having a bad credit score is a large factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. So if your credit score could use some work, you could save money insuring your Lexus LX 570 by repairing your credit. Consumers who have excellent credit tend to be better risks to insure than drivers who have poor credit.
Your gender affects premiums – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown women are more cautious behind the wheel. It does not mean females are better drivers. They both are in fender benders at a similar rate, but men have accidents that have higher claims. Men also get more serious tickets like reckless driving and DUI.
The chart below shows the comparison of Lexus LX 570 auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no violations or accidents, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Increase deductibles and save – Insurance for physical damage to your car, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your Lexus. Examples of some claims that would be covered could be a broken side mirror, damage caused by hail, and rolling your vehicle. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The more you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
Never have coverage lapses – Allowing your auto insurance policy to lapse is a guaranteed way to increase your rates. And not only will insurance be more expensive, not being able to provide proof of insurance may earn you a revoked license or a big fine.
Combining policies can get discounts – Most insurance companies will give better rates to customers that buy multiple policies in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s still a good idea to comparison shop to help ensure you have the lowest rates. You may still be able to find better rates even if you have your coverage with different companies
Insurance loss data for Lexus LX 570 vehicles – Insurers analyze the history of losses to calculate a rate that offsets possible losses. Vehicles that statistically have a higher amount or frequency of claims will be charged more to insure. The information below illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Lexus LX 570 vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is considered to be 100. Numbers that are below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values over 100 indicate frequent claims or larger claims.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Lexus LX 570 4dr 4WD||140||96||217||49|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Finding a lower price on Lexus LX 570 insurance isn’t really that difficult. You just need to spend a few minutes comparing free Irvine auto insurance quotes provided by online insurance companies.
The following companies offer free quotes in California. To buy cheaper car insurance in CA, we recommend you compare several of them to get the most competitive price.
Data for Lexus LX 570 insurance
The coverage information shown next outlines detailed analysis of insurance costs for Lexus LX 570 models. Understanding more about how insurance premiums are figured can be valuable when making informed coverage decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|LX 570 4WD 4-Dr||$336||$608||$450||$26||$134||$1,554||$130|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Price estimates do not factor in specific Irvine garaging location which can revise auto insurance rates significantly.
The chart below illustrates how your deductible choice and can affect Lexus LX 570 yearly insurance costs for different insured age categories. The data is based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Car insurance rates are higher with tickets and accidents
The example below illustrates how violations and accidents can increase Lexus LX 570 car insurance rates for different ages of insureds. The price estimates are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Protect more than your LX 570
Despite the potentially high cost of Lexus LX 570 insurance, insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability coverage in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Lexus LX 570, most lenders will stipulate that you buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may insure your Lexus for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your Lexus and your assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly if you ever have a claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is wasting up to $865 each year so you should quote and compare rates at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Get discounts to get affordable Irvine insurance rates
Some providers don’t always list the entire discount list in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of both the well known and also the more inconspicuous credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Irvine auto insurance online.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles may enable drivers to earn cheaper insurance rates.
- Life Insurance – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Driver Education Discount – Teen drivers should complete a driver education course if it’s offered in school.
- Telematics Data – Policyholders that allow driving data collection to spy on vehicle usage remotely like Allstate’s Drivewise may get a rate reduction if they are good drivers.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Insuring more than one vehicle on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Claim Free – Insureds with no claims or accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Irvine auto insurance quote as compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles and place coverage with the same company you could get a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- ABS Brakes – Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Drive Safe and Save – Safe drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Irvine auto insurance quote than drivers with accidents.
Policy discounts save money, but some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The example below shows the difference between Lexus LX 570 insurance prices with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The price estimates are based on a female driver, no claims or driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, marriage, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-car discounts applied.
A list of companies and the discounts they provide are:
- State Farm may offer discounts for good student, multiple policy, passive restraint, multiple autos, safe vehicle, and good driver.
- American Family has savings for air bags, mySafetyValet, Steer into Savings, early bird, good driver, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA has discounts for AAA membership discount, education and occupation, multi-car, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, military active duty, federal employee, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, air bags, and daytime running lights.
- Mercury Insurance includes discounts for age of vehicle, professional/association, good student, ease of repair, type of vehicle, good driver, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for electronic funds transfer, early shopping, mature driver, teen driver, and pay in full.
- Progressive offers discounts including online quote discount, good student, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and online signing.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you qualify for. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in your area.
When to get advice from an insurance agency
Many people prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is not a bad decision Professional agents can make sure you are properly covered and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find cheap insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent. Buying from local agencies is definitely important in Irvine.
After completing this quick form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area that provide free Irvine auto insurance quotes to get your business. There is no need to find an agent on your own as quotes are delivered to you directly. If you need to compare prices from a specific insurance provider, feel free to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Multiple types of car insurance agents in Irvine
If you prefer to buy insurance from local Irvine agents, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Irvine agents can either be exclusive or independent. Either type can write policy coverage, but it’s worth mentioning how they are different because it may have an impact on your agent selection.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are not restricted to one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with a variety of different insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing insurance prices, we recommend you compare quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to maximize your price options. Most also write with smaller mutual companies which can save you money.
Listed below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Irvine who may be able to give you price quote information.
- Peter Green Insurance Agency LLC
3151 Airway Ave Suite F203 – Costa Mesa, CA 92626 – (714) 258-2800 – View Map
- Hays Co
18201 Von Karman Ave # 510 – Irvine, CA 92612 – (949) 442-7662 – View Map
- Isu Insurance Services Irvine
18022 Cowan Ste 225 – Irvine, CA 92614 – (949) 419-2100 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company such as Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They generally cannot provide other company’s prices so keep that in mind. They are well trained on sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some insured continue to use the same agent mainly due to the brand legacy and solid financial strength.
Below are exclusive insurance agencies in Irvine that are able to give rate quotes.
- Ray Vermeulen – State Farm Insurance Agent
2151 Michelson Dr #242 – Irvine, CA 92612 – (949) 752-6335 – View Map
- Mike Stitt – State Farm Insurance Agent
17452 Irvine Blvd #208 – Tustin, CA 92780 – (714) 544-4717 – View Map
- State Farm: Richard Tay
14210 Culver Dr A – Irvine, CA 92604 – (949) 559-8866 – View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. These questions are important to ask:
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Is the agent properly licensed in California?
- How are they compensated?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Irvine?
Do I just need basic coverages?
When choosing coverage online or from an agent, there is no perfect coverage plan. Your financial needs are unique and your policy should reflect that.
For example, these questions might point out whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Who is covered when they drive my Lexus LX 570?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Don’t give up on cheap coverage
We’ve covered some good ideas how you can get a better price on Lexus LX 570 insurance in Irvine. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the lowest auto insurance rates come from an unexpected company. They can often provide lower premium rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Steps to finding affordable quotes for Lexus LX 570 insurance in Irvine
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to save on auto insurance rates in Irvine is to start comparing prices regularly from providers in California. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
Step 1: Get an understanding of coverages and the modifications you can make to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates like careless driving and a substandard credit score can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple companies.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save money, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your current coverage. Submit a signed application and payment to your new agent or company. Once the paperwork is finalized, place the new certificate verifying coverage in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of this process is to try to use the same level of coverage on each quote request and and to get rates from every insurance company. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price quote selection.
More information is available at these links:
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Bad Credit in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Felons in Irvine? (FAQ)
- How Much are Irvine Car Insurance Quotes for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Income Drivers in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)