Shocking but true, most insurance customers kept buying from the same company for over three years, and just under half have never compared rate quotes at all. With the average premium in California being $1,400, drivers could save almost 35% a year just by shopping around, but they don’t want to spend time to find affordable rates by getting comparison quotes.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get the cheapest car insurance rates is to start comparing rates regularly from insurers who sell auto insurance in Irvine.
- Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of how companies set rates and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that result in higher rates like speeding and an unacceptable credit rating can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Keep reading for more ideas to prevent high rates and find possible discounts that are available.
- Step 2: Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to try to use the same deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get price estimates from all possible companies. This guarantees a fair rate comparison and the best rate selection.
Cheap auto insurance in Irvine, CA
The following companies provide quotes in Irvine, CA. To find cheaper car insurance in Irvine, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Car insurance statistics for a Nissan 370Z
The premium table displayed below highlights different insurance coverage prices for Nissan 370Z models. Knowing how policy premiums are established is important to be able to make informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|370Z 2-Dr Coupe||$204||$482||$524||$32||$156||$1,398||$117|
|370Z 2-Dr Roadster||$228||$482||$464||$28||$138||$1,340||$112|
|370Z Touring 2-Dr Coupe||$228||$544||$524||$32||$156||$1,484||$124|
|370Z Touring 2-Dr Roadster||$228||$482||$464||$28||$138||$1,340||$112|
|370Z Nismo 2-Dr Coupe||$228||$608||$524||$32||$156||$1,548||$129|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in specific zip code location which can alter premiums considerably.
The illustration below illustrates how your deductible choice and can increase or decrease Nissan 370Z insurance costs for each different age group. The premiums assume a single female driver, full coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Reckless driving habits raise Irvine car insurance rates
The example below illustrates how speeding tickets and accident claims can drive up Nissan 370Z auto insurance rates for different ages of insureds. The price estimates are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Nissan 370Z annual premiums for males versus females
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Nissan 370Z auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The data is based on no claims or violations, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Comparison of full coverage and liability-only policies
The example below compares Nissan 370Z annual premium costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The costs are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no set guideline that works best for making the decision to drop full coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of coverage is about 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Nissan 370Z replacement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company will settle for is $7,000 after paying your policy deductible. If premium cost is more than $700 a year for full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some circumstances where dropping full coverage is not financially feasible. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Discounts can help lower premiums on Nissan 370Z insurance in Irvine
Some providers do not advertise the entire discount list in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains both the well known and also the more inconspicuous credits available to bring down your rates.
- No Claim Discounts – Drivers with accident-free driving histories are rewarded with significantly better rates on Irvine auto insurance quote as opposed to frequent claim filers.
- Mature Driver Discount – Mature drivers can possibly qualify for better insurance rates.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you combine your home and auto policies with the same insurance company you will save nearly 15% which can help you find inexpensive Nissan 370Z insurance in Irvine.
- Smart Student Discounts – Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Federal Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with a few insurance companies.
- Cautious Drivers – Accident-free drivers can pay as much as 50% less as compared to drivers with claims.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10% off your Irvine auto insurance quote.
- Distant Student Discount – Youth drivers who live away from home to go to college without a vehicle on campus could get you a discount.
- Multiple Cars – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
As a footnote on discounts, most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that it’s possible to get free car insurance, you aren’t that lucky. But any discount will reduce the cost of your policy.
The example below shows the comparison of Nissan 370Z insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The costs are based on a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, claim-free, safe-driver, marriage, homeowner, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Companies and their offered discounts are shown below.
- GEICO has discounts for driver training, anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights, seat belt use, anti-theft, and defensive driver.
- Travelers discounts include good student, hybrid/electric vehicle, payment discounts, multi-car, student away at school, multi-policy, and save driver.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for youthful driver, renewal discount, 55 and retired, safe driver, and driver training.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for new move discount, multi-car, new graduate, newly married, multi-policy, and new vehicle discount.
- American Family offers discounts including good driver, good student, multi-vehicle, bundled insurance, and TimeAway discount.
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-vehicle, online quote discount, multi-policy, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not apply in Irvine.
Why Your Insurance Costs might be higher
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing a few of the rating criteria that play a part in calculating your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that could help you find better car insurance rates.
The itemized list below are a few of the things that factor into your rate level.
Drive lots and pay more – Driving a lot of miles each year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Many insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage based upon how much you drive. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use receive lower rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Make sure your car insurance coverage is showing how each vehicle is driven. Improper usage on your 370Z can cost quite a bit.
Lower stress equals lower rates – Do you work in a high-stress field? Jobs such as judges, airline pilots, and financial analysts generally pay higher premiums than the average policyholder in part from intense work-related stress and incredibly demanding work hours. Other careers like actors, students and performers pay lower than average rates.
Being married pays dividends – Being married actually saves money on your policy. Having a spouse may mean you are less irresponsible it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Only buy what you need – There are many extra add-on coverages you can purchase on your 370Z policy. Coverage for things like rental car reimbursement, high-cost glass coverage, and additional equipment coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. The coverages may be enticing initially, but if you’ve never needed them in the past consider taking them off your policy.
Nissan 370Z historical loss data – Auto insurance companies study historical loss data as a way to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Vehicles that the data determines to have higher frequency or amount of claims will have increased rates. The table below illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Nissan 370Z vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together is set at 100. Numbers under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent claims or a tendency for claims to be larger.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Nissan 370Z 2dr||164||88||132||91||88|
|Nissan 370Z Convertible||129||73|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When choosing a policy for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your needs are unique to you and your auto insurance should unique, too.
For instance, these questions could help you determine whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- What is medical payments coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Insurance agents can help
A lot of people still like to sit down with an agent and that is a smart decision Licensed agents are very good at helping people manage risk and give you someone to call. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance online is that you can obtain the best rates but still work with a licensed agent. Supporting small agencies is important particularly in Irvine.
After filling out this simple form, your coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Irvine that can provide free Irvine auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to drive around as quotes are delivered to you. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you can always visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Below is a list of car insurance companies in Irvine who can help you get price quotes for Nissan 370Z insurance in Irvine.
Mike Stitt – State Farm Insurance Agent
17452 Irvine Blvd #208 – Tustin, CA 92780 – (714) 544-4717 – View Map
Choosing the best company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Irvine?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Irvine?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
Be persistent to save money
Cost effective Nissan 370Z insurance is definitely available both online in addition to many Irvine insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best selection. Some auto insurance companies don’t offer price quotes online and usually these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent agents.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of ways to shop for Nissan 370Z insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding affordable Irvine auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These smaller insurers may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
When shopping online for auto insurance, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that it was a big error on their part. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
For more information, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150 in Irvine? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Corolla in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)