The best way we recommend to find low-cost prices for auto insurance rates in Irvine is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in California.
- It will benefit you to learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the modifications you can make to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that increase rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a lousy credit rating can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. This article gives more information to prevent high prices and earn a bigger discount.
- Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy and determine if cheaper Titan XD coverage is available in Irvine. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Provide notification to your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the new company. As soon as you can, keep your new proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is that you use the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to analyze as many different insurance providers as possible. This provides a fair rate comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that the vast majority of car insurance customers kept their policy with the same company for over three years, and 38% of customers have never shopped around. Consumers in Irvine could save 35% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t believe the big savings they would realize if they changed companies.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in California. If you want cheap car insurance in California, it’s highly recommended you get prices from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Three good reasons to insure your Titan XD
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Nissan Titan XD in Irvine, maintaining insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Titan XD with a loan, most lenders will require that you carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may insure your Nissan for a lot more money and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance protects not only your Nissan but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Nissan gets damaged, your car insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying car insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially with large liability claims. But the average American driver is overpaying over $810 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
Cheaper Irvine car insurance rates with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always publicize every policy discount very well, so the following list contains both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Insuring a vehicle that is new can cost up to 25% less because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Having more than one vehicle on the same car insurance policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Mature Driver Discount – Mature drivers could receive a slight reduction on a Irvine car insurance quote.
- Good Grades Discount – Being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Irvine car insurance quote. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Professional Memberships – Belonging to qualifying clubs or civic groups can get you a small discount when getting a Irvine car insurance quote.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices help deter theft and will qualify for a discount on a Irvine car insurance quote.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning a house in Irvine can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Select insurance carriers reward you with a discount if you purchase life insurance.
Remember that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won’t be that lucky.
The best car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts include:
- Progressive may include discounts for homeowner, good student, online signing, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including electronic funds transfer, bundle discounts, alternative fuel, switch companies, multi-car, homeowner, and teen driver.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, youthful driver, driver training, and 55 and retired.
- State Farm offers discounts including safe vehicle, driver’s education, good student, anti-theft, student away at school, and multiple policy.
- GEICO has discounts for air bags, membership and employees, seat belt use, multi-vehicle, anti-theft, emergency military deployment, and five-year accident-free.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include multi-car, safe driver, teen safety rewards, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, accident prevention training, and drive less.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for newly married, new vehicle discount, exclusive group savings, multi-policy, preferred payment discount, and new graduate.
When quoting, ask every company how you can save money. Some credits may not apply to policyholders in your state. To choose companies with significant discounts in California, click this link.
Insurance agencies can give valuable advice
Some people just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Good agents can help determine the best coverages and give you someone to call. The best thing about price shopping on the web is you can get cheap insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from and supporting local agencies is important especially in Irvine.
By using this quick form, the coverage information is submitted to insurance agents in Irvine who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific insurance provider, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Irvine auto insurance agents are either independent or exclusive
If you want to use a reliable insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures that you can select. Agents are either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both can sell and service insurance coverage, but it’s worth learning the difference in how they write coverage because it may have an impact on which agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents often have many company appointments so they can insure your vehicles amongst many companies and potentially find a lower price. If prices rise, they can switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part. If you need lower rates, you will want to compare quotes from a couple of independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices.
The following is a partial list of independent agents in Irvine who may be able to give you free rate quotes.
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only write with one company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive insurance agents are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents.
The following are exclusive agencies in Irvine that are able to give price quotes.
Picking an insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Is the quote a firm price?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Irvine?
Car insurance coverage breakdown
Knowing the specifics of car insurance aids in choosing the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Below you’ll find the normal coverages found on the average car insurance policy.
Liability coverages – Liability insurance protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people that is your fault. It protects YOU against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 15/30/5 which stand for $15,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $30,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $5,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage protects against things like bail bonds, loss of income, funeral expenses, court costs and attorney fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but you should buy as large an amount as possible. California state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but it’s recommended drivers buy better liability coverage.
The illustration below demonstrates why minimum state limits may not provide you with enough coverage.
Collision coverage – Collision insurance covers damage to your Titan XD resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as crashing into a ditch, colliding with a tree, sideswiping another vehicle, sustaining damage from a pot hole and crashing into a building. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible on your Titan XD to get cheaper collision coverage.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance – Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Nissan Titan XD.
Since many California drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (California limits are 15/30/5), their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Most of the time these limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like hail damage, rock chips in glass and falling objects. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Insurance for medical payments – Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for bills such as dental work, ambulance fees, funeral costs and X-ray expenses. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to you and your occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Smart shoppers get results
Discount Nissan Titan XD insurance in Irvine is available online and also from your neighborhood Irvine agents, so get free Irvine car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies do not offer price quotes online and many times these small, regional companies only sell through local independent agencies.
We’ve covered quite a bit of information on how to save on Nissan Titan XD insurance in Irvine. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with a small mutual company. These smaller insurers can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like State Farm or Progressive.
Additional car insurance information is available on the following sites:
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Fusion in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Real Estate Agents in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V in Irvine? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Hyundai Elantra in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)