Sadly, over 70% of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for well over three years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never even compared quotes to find cheap rates. California drivers could cut their rates by as much as $500 a year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t know the rate savings if they bought a different policy.
The preferred way to save money on car insurance rates is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in Irvine. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
Step 1: Spend some time learning about the different coverages in a policy and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that increase rates like traffic citations, accidents, and a poor credit score can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article gives tips to lower rates and find additional discounts.
Step 2: Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes from many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find better rates and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical coverages on each quote request and and to get prices from every insurance company. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Buying the cheapest insurance in Irvine can be made easier if you know where to look. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will be able to buy cheaper insurance using the ideas presented in this article. Drivers just have to understand the fastest way to get comparison quotes from many different companies.
Best companies for Saab 9-7X insurance
The following companies are our best choices to provide price comparisons in California. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the cheapest rates.
Get discounts to get affordable Irvine insurance rates
Auto insurance companies don’t always advertise every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the next list breaks down some of the best known as well as the least known credits that may apply to you. If you are not receiving all the discounts available, you are just wasting money.
- Sign Early and Save – Some insurance companies provide a discount for buying a policy prior to your current 9-7X insurance policy expiration. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and will save you 10% or more on 9-7X insurance in Irvine.
- Employee of Federal Government – Federal government employees could cut as much as 10% off but check with your company.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens are able to get a small discount on rates.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a vehicle that is new can be considerably cheaper because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could save 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings as much as 30%.
- Defensive Driver – Taking time to complete a course that instructs on driving safety is a good idea and can lower rates if your company offers it.
- Own a Home – Being a homeowner can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
One last thing about discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A list of insurance companies and the discounts they provide include:
- GEICO offers premium reductions for multi-policy, good student, anti-theft, military active duty, five-year accident-free, and membership and employees.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, good student, multi-policy, good driver, accident-free, claim-free
- State Farm may have discounts that include multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, student away at school, and passive restraint.
- Progressive has discounts for online quote discount, multi-vehicle, homeowner, online signing, multi-policy, and good student.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include ease of repair, professional/association, good student, good driver, accident-free, annual mileage, and location of vehicle.
- 21st Century offers discounts including defensive driver, 55 and older, student driver, homeowners, anti-lock brakes, air bags, and teen driver.
- Allstate may offer discounts for 55 and retired, auto/life discount, EZ pay plan discount, economy car, multi-policy, and anti-lock brakes.
When comparing rates, check with each company to apply every possible discount. Some discounts listed above might not be offered on policies in Irvine. For a list of companies with discount rates in Irvine, click this link.
Independent or exclusive auto insurance agents
Some consumers still prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. Professional agents can help you build your policy and give you someone to call. A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and still have a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents that can provide free Irvine car insurance quotes for your business. You don’t have to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you just need to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking the best insurer requires more thought than just a low price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
When researching a reliable insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they function. Insurance agents in Irvine can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either one can properly insure your vehicles, but it is a good idea to know how they are different since it can impact the selection process.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies normally can only provide a single company’s rates and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. They generally cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are well trained on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in Irvine that can give you rate quotes.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent can sell policies from many different companies and that gives them the ability to insure with multiple insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a lower price, they can switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part.
When comparing rate quotes, it’s a good idea to include at least one independent agent in order to compare the most rates.
Below are independent agencies in Irvine willing to provide rate quotes.
After talking to the agent and getting good feedback to all your questions and an acceptable price quote, it’s a good possibility that you have found an auto insurance agent that can be trusted to service your policy.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
Discount Saab 9-7X insurance in Irvine is definitely available on the web as well as from insurance agents, so you need to quote Irvine car insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies may not offer rates over the internet and these small, regional companies sell through local independent agents.
You just read some good ideas how you can save on Saab 9-7X insurance in Irvine. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper Irvine car insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest prices are with some of the smallest insurance companies. Smaller companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a GMC Sierra in Irvine? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for High Risk Drivers in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Felons in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Irvine Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Rogue? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Irvine Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Equinox? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Lyft Drivers in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)