If you want to save the most money, the best way to get low-cost Toyota Avalon insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Irvine. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of the different coverages in a policy and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates such as distracted driving and an unacceptable credit history can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available in Irvine. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your existing policy and submit the application along with any required down payment for the new policy. Once received, put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
One bit of advice is to make sure you’re comparing similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to look at as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough price selection.
Unimaginable but true, most drivers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. The average driver in California could save an average of almost $469 each year by just comparing quotes, but most tend to underestimate the actual amount they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in California. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in California, we suggest you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Rates and other information
The rate information displayed below showcases detailed analysis of policy rates for Toyota Avalon models. Having knowledge of how insurance rates are formulated can assist in making informed decisions when comparing rate quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can affect prices noticeably.
The illustration below illustrates how your deductible choice and can influence Toyota Avalon insurance prices for different age groups of insureds. The data assumes a single male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Why you need auto insurance
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Toyota Avalon in Irvine, maintaining insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, almost every bank will have a requirement that you buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Toyota for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects your Toyota Avalon and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially when you need to use it. Unknowingly, the average driver is wasting up to $869 every year so it’s important to compare rates at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
How to Lower Your Insurance Rates
Many things are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, although some other factors are not quite as obvious such as your credit history or your financial responsibility. The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at the different types of things that help determine your car insurance rates. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
Raising coverage deductibles saves money – Deductibles for physical damage are the amount of money you are willing to pay if the claim is covered. Physical damage coverage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply are colliding with a stationary object, animal collisions, and damage caused by road hazards. The more money the insured is willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
File policy claims and pay more – Companies in California award discounts to people who are not frequent claim filers. If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance is designed for the large, substantial claims.
Prices for males may be higher – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that women are safer drivers than men. It does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Men and women have auto accidents at about the same rate, but men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also tend to get ticketed for serious violations like DUI and reckless driving. Young men ages 16 to 20 generally have the highest accident percentage so it costs more to insure them.
The chart below illustrates the difference between Toyota Avalon premium costs for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
Is your vehicle theft-ready? – Selecting a car model with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you a little every year. Advanced theft deterrents like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can thwart auto theft and help lower rates.
Get a ticket, pay higher premiums – Being a careful driver impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Drivers who don’t get tickets receive lower rates as compared to those with violations. Even one driving citation can boost insurance rates forty percent or more. Drivers unfortunate enough to have flagrant tickets like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence might be required by their state to maintain a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to prevent a license revocation.
The diagram below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault collisions can increase Toyota Avalon car insurance rates for each age group. Data assumes a married male driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Toyota Avalon historical loss data – Companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle when they calculate premium rates for each model. Models that historically have high amounts or severity of claims will have higher premium rates. The table below demonstrates the historical insurance loss data for Toyota Avalon vehicles.
For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is a value of 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Toyota Avalon Hybrid||120||72||132||107||85||80|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Companies offer many discounts on Toyota Avalon insurance in Irvine
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there may be some discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. A few discounts will be applied when you purchase, but some may not be applied and must be requested specifically before being credited.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but some companies like State Farm and Progressive may permit one accident before your rates go up if you have no claims for a set time period.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Toyota could be rewarded with substantially lower premium rates.
- No Claim Discounts – Drivers with accident-free driving histories have much lower rates in comparison with policyholders that have many claims.
- Driver Training Discounts – Participating in a defensive driver class may get you a small discount depending on where you live.
- Multiple Vehicles – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Good Driver Discount – Safe drivers may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accidents.
- Student Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll and complete driver’s education in school.
- Federal Employees – Active or former government employment could provide a small rate reduction with some auto insurance companies.
- Home Ownership Discount – Being a homeowner can save a few bucks because owning a home shows financial diligence.
One last thing about discounts, many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the appearance that adding up those discounts means a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Toyota Avalon insurance premiums with and without policy discounts. The prices are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-car, marriage, and multi-policy discounts applied.
The best auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts are detailed below.
- Progressive has savings for online quote discount, multi-policy, good student, online signing, and homeowner.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, good student, air bag, anti-theft, and bundle.
- Mercury Insurance includes discounts for type of vehicle, ease of repair, low natural disaster claims, location of vehicle, and age of vehicle.
- GEICO discounts include anti-lock brakes, air bags, good student, federal employee, military active duty, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA offers discounts including education and occupation, multi-policy, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, good student, good driver, and pay-in-full.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including safe vehicle, student away at school, driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, good driver, and multiple autos.
When comparing rates, check with each company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not apply in every state.
Neighborhood Irvine auto insurance agents
Some consumers still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision Professional agents can help determine the best coverages and give you someone to call. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is that you can find cheap car insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
By using this short form, your information gets sent to local insurance agents in Irvine who want to provide quotes for your coverage. You never need to find an agent on your own since rate quotes are delivered to your email. If for some reason you want to compare prices from one company in particular, you just need to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Finding the right company should include more criteria than just the quoted price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Irvine?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
When researching a local Irvine insurance agent, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Irvine are considered either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both types can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s worth mentioning how they are different since it can affect the type of agent you choose.
These type of agents can only provide one company’s prices and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are unable to shop your coverage around so it’s a take it or leave it situation. These agents are well schooled on what they offer and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Irvine willing to provide rate quotes.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are not locked into one company and that allows them to write policies with a variety of different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing car insurance rates, you absolutely need to include rate quotes from a few independent agents in order to have the best price comparison.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Irvine that are able to give price quote information.
Morning Star Agency Insurance Services Incorporated
1340 Reynolds Ave #103 – Irvine, CA 92614 – (949) 833-2030 – View Map
Ryan Hoherd, AFLAC Insurance Agent: Orange County, Long Beach, Riverside County
2770 S Harbor Blvd – Santa Ana, CA 92704 – (562) 212-3290 – View Map
One last thing to lower rates
We just showed you a lot of ways to lower your Toyota Avalon insurance premium rates in Irvine. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Irvine car insurance, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even find the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies. Some small companies may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Irvine is possible from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies may not offer rates over the internet and most of the time these regional insurance providers only sell through local independent agencies.
Additional detailed information is available by following these links:
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150 in Irvine? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Business Use in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Lyft Drivers in Irvine? (FAQ)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)